⊰14⊱

Another absolutely stunning cover of our miss Acacia! Thank you so much amandagn394 it's absolutely gorgeous and I think it shows that sassy side of her!

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 12

I can't stop crying...

...because I not only cry for myself but Ciarán also.

Ciarán and I are both taken to the medical wing...for very different reasons. I'm sitting on one of the beds with my legs over the side. Daddy stands off just to the side while Niles examines my face before confirming what my brother had already admitted to doing. My body is shaking with anger and fear, the way everything had changed the second he lost control of his temper.

"Blood or natural healing, Acacia?" Niles is the one to ask me once he takes a step back. Ciarán stands next to Dante while Dante's hand has a firm grip on the back of his neck so he can't run. His grip increases though when Ciarán and I catch each other's eyes, tears welling in mine once again.

I shake my head, wishing that I wouldn't ever have to make these decisions because I'm human! Why can't I heal them and not have to ask?!

It's not fair!

"Little love?" Daddy asks me, and I finally snap my eyes back to him, and all I do is nod my response. I hate having to ask, it makes me feel weak and dependent on others...

While I taste daddy's blood, I can hear Dante ask Ciarán, "What happened to your sister that you covered up?"

"It...I..." Ciarán is still lost in his thoughts at what he'd done. He tries though with, "It was an accident."

Daddy is the one to snarl, "Bullshit! Stop lying and tell the truth." Daddy pulls his wrist away from my lips, feeling my body healing as I quietly sit on the edge of the hospital bed, my hands gripping the edge of it.

Can he not just tell them what happened?

Is he that afraid of an incident over four years ago because he couldn't stand up and be my big brother instead of acting cool for his friends?

"Acacia told us that you didn't help her when your friends were picking on her..." Dante's voice is dangerous as he drags his son over to one of the beds while Niles is preparing something in a tube. He forces him to sit at the edge of it, Ciarán's eyes fearful when he stares up at his father, "...I took you away so you could learn how to protect her...so you could learn how to control your strength as not just a hybrid, but a true born one..."

Niles combines one more liquid into the tube before he takes a syringe and draws from it a mixture of black, purple and greenish hues swirling around. Dante continues to stare at Ciarán and gets even angrier when he says, "Here we find the truth...you not only stood by while your friends tormented her...but you covered up the damage that was done."