⊰55⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 15

"I don't know!" I can hear Taron yelling at his dad from the other room connecting to Grandpa Keir's office.

The party ended with cake and ice-cream, though I felt a weight hanging over my head the entire time as I didn't know what was going to happen. Everyone had a great time, and after the cleanup, everyone is settling in for movie night in the game room...

...though Taron is talking to his dad and I'm sitting on a chair in front of Grandpa Keir's desk with my legs curled up beneath my chin.

Grandpa Keir looks at me, and I avert my gaze when he asks, "How...do you feel...when you're with Taron?"

I sniffle slightly and push back tears, afraid that this is yet another mistake and both of the alphas are just now seeing that what we have is becoming more than a friendship...

"I...I don't kn-...I can't," I shake my head from side to side, releasing a shaky breath.

"I'm not arguing with you, Taron!" Alpha Chris is loud behind that door, startling me as I also see Grandpa Keir rising from his chair, "I understand, but she's not-"

"A fucking wolf?!" Taron's louder than his dad this time around.

I'm shaking slightly as Grandpa Keir pulls up a chair next to mine, motioning for me to come to him. As I stand from my chair, coming to sit on my grandpa's lap sideways, he cradles me in his arms, and I can hear Alpha Chris snap, "Of age! Shut your mouth pup and listen, you're not the alpha of this pack yet."

My heart beats fast and hard against my chest as I can hear both Alpha Chris and Taron going back and forth drowning out from the blood pounding in my ears. Grandpa Keir rubs my back and kisses the top of my head saying, "Acacia...it's alright."

"But I-"

"We're not mad," he interrupts me when my heart skips a beat, feeling myself automatically go on the defensive.

We're?

"I just..." I shake my head against his chest and cry softly, "...he makes me happy. He makes me feel loved...I've never known this type of love...it's different, welcoming and warming," I'm crying a little harder as I choke down a sob, one of Grandpa Keir's hands cradling the back of my head. I then tell him through tears, "It...it feels like my skin is burning...in a good way, the way it just takes over...I can't...I-I don't know, grandpa, I don't know."

"It's alright, Acacia," he whispers to me, and I continue to cry into his chest.

Grandpa Keir holds me for a while before I finally get the courage, swallowing a hiccup to ask, "A-Am I in t-t-trouble?"

"No," his arms around me tighten slightly, holding me with the strength of his heart. There's a knock on the door leading to Grandpa Keir's office, and he calls, "Yes?"

Alpha Chris is the one to open the door, Taron standing in the hallway. His dad asks Grandpa Keir, "Can we talk...now?" His eyes flicked over me, and I feel so small and weak, just crumbling before everyone.

Grandpa Keir nods and replies, "It'll be fine," he's speaking to me as I slightly pull away from him, helping me slip off his lap before I keep my eyes down and away from Alpha Chris. Taron lifts his chin, his lips parting but I rush past them all, running down the hallway until I reach my room. I close and lock the door behind me, curling up under my covers as I continue to cry.

Please...

...is this a mistake?

No...Ekáti. The thread of fate weaves your destiny.