⊰58⊱

Please read the note at the end...

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

"Put your clothes on," Alpha Chris snaps through Taron's anger while my stomach feels very sick.

"You said-"

"Put your clothes on!" This time, Alpha Chris' voice alters, and I can feel the way that tone seeks into my muscles and bones. Taron tenses above me before he finally gives into his dad's wishes. He's quick to get my clothes first, handing them to me as I've never felt so embarrassed in my life.

My heart beats fast, the bridge of my nose stinging all the while, Sophia stands in the hallway with Coen. They aren't the only ones who are gathering, but those members of the packs who dare get close enough to understand what's going on.

What is going on?

I'm terrified by the sound of Alpha Chris' voice when he orders, "Alpha Keir's office...now!"

"Grandpa?" My voice waivers with a watery edge to it.

Grandpa Keir shakes his head, and I see the torn emotions that are set on his face, though his voice is much more gentle than Alpha Chris' when he reiterates, "My office now," he glances at Taron and then back to me before finishing, "Taron...Acacia, now."

It's the longest walk I've ever faced because even when I was being taken to Elysium, everything seemed to shut off so easily. Here and now...I feel every emotion rushing through and crashing over my heart. Taron and I follow the two alphas out into the hallway, only to be followed directly by Sophia and Coen. I see Jelena, Dexter and Holden gathering to the sides of the hallway; even Ridge lingers closer to the office door. So many pack members are perplexed, reflecting the same thing we're all feeling...

The door closes shut behind us when we're all inside, my arms wrapping around myself as I feel so off. Taron is quick though while he stands behind me, reassuring me as his own arms snake beneath my own and hold me close to him, that warmth returning instantly. Sophia's disgusted and confused look surfaces at his actions, tapping her dad on the arm and pointing at the two of us.

"Alpha Keir, Acacia-" Grandpa Keir notices what Coen is about to mention, though he cuts him off once he stands in front of his desk with Alpha Chris.

Grandpa Keir snaps really quickly, "Acacia is Taron's mate," he narrows his eyes at Sophia, and she instantly retracts her look of hate, and one of fear and uncertainty is replaced. I can see Sophia does want to say something, but the healthy fear she feels for her alpha holds her back and her tongue.

Alpha Chris begins with informing Coen, "As I informed you when you arrived, the agreement between Alpha Keir and I changed with Acacia being Taron's true mate surfacing..." he pauses a moment as his eyes scan over me, "...she is his granddaughter and a fitting match regardless."

Coen is the one to fume and snap, "Yet she is pregnant with your son's child," he motions to Sophia, and my heart nearly falls out of my chest at the confirmation. Taron's muscles tense as Coen declares this, my heart skipping a beat as well.

They've already talked for a little while about this, that much I can tell...

When no one says a thing, Coen directs his next angry comment toward my grandpa, "Alpha Keir! Have you nothing to say for the way my daughter has ruined herself for your agreement?! You dismiss her honor an-"

"Coen, enough!" Grandpa Keir's voice makes me jump slightly, Taron holding me a little tighter in his embrace. His frustration shows, and I've never seen my grandpa lose such control over his emotions. He rubs his forehead, releasing a sigh of irritation before telling him, "I will not be the reason my granddaughter's heart shatters...the choice is Taron's to make...not mine."