⊰34⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 14

Meliorist Sanctum

Inhale.

Exhale.

Focus.

The dorm room fades around me as Sinéad and Fae had gone grocery shopping.

My index fingers and thumbs press against one another as I create a triangle before me. With eyelids closed, I can feel something tugging at the furthest reaches of my mind, a numbing sensation trailing through my muscles as I connect with the darkness. The shadows of my mind become a reality as I can feel it all around me.

My eyelids flutter open; the vibrant purplish wisps encircle around my hands before slithering up and coiling around my forearms like serpents. I briefly see the flicker of the spider webs materializing before me; however, I push past that block, and I feel something spinning. Weaving and manifesting energy out of the air...I pull my digits away from one another, creating an outer circle as a spherical ball appears before me.

It spins on an axis like the world itself, my gaze staring intensely into the abyss which forms through the threads. It offers a warm yet cooling feeling to radiate from the ball, tilting my head to the side as I glimpse further into it.

I feel it digging deeper into my soul, clawing at me but a split second later...before I can succumb to its wishes, it's that same sound like a transformer going out in the dorm room. The energy before me ignites briefly with a bloody red hue before it completely disappears.

Feeling my heart racing fast, I attempt to catch my breath as I turn my gaze all over the room, appearing as if I'm hearing and seeing the slightest detail and sound. A moment later, everything vanishes as I feel that warm glow, see the golden light before I exhale sharply.

Happening again...

...it's happening again...but I'm not with Grandpa Keir's pack.

It's...

...me.

Instead of focusing and trying to recognize everything around me harshly, I let the scene consume my mind.

We're standing there...dad and I. We're in my room at the castle, but I see there is anger on my features. We stare one another down while dad says something to me, trying to get me to come closer to him. I don't though.

For some reason...I don't.

I don't find safety in his arms.

Anger...

...the chess set shatters. The pieces fly everywhere when I throw it from my side table onto the marble floor. I'm screaming something at him...but I can't hear the words.

Hurt...

I feel the immense pain in my chest before it suddenly consumes my entire being. Everywhere is painful...everywhere hurts and I can't escape it.

I breathe in and out, gasping for air as I begin to form the room around me, the image lifting away.

Why?

Why was I so angry with dad?

"Yo!" Sinéad bursts through the door with Fae fluttering in overhead. Fae immediately heads toward her bed, dropping onto it with a light plopping sound before she reaches for something on the side table. Shaking my head, I turn to see Sinéad lingering in the doorframe.

As she taps her fingers against it, grinning like an idiot I ask her, "Can I help you?"

She shrugs her shoulders and gives me this devious smile when she says, "You didn't tell me you were dating the senior werewolf."