⊰47⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 15

Meliorist Sanctum

I need to find the human girls...

After the encounter with Lars, I don't even know what to believe and instead, lock off that part of me connecting to something that isn't even mine...

...so that's what Vexy meant. Humans can't use magic...but that doesn't mean it can't be given to them?

My head hurts.

I pull the hood up over my head, walking straight across the common room toward the door. If any luck, I'll head toward the shops and see if I can spot any. Perhaps I might get some assistance from them, but I won't say anything in regards to the exposure we want to make known to Dante. If they say something, it'll screw everything up.

I have to think correctly.

Though, it's hard to do so, a cold feeling slipping through my mind...though it's not painful in the slightest. Lars might be doing some other rune to lock whatever it is I'm not allowed to use and can't handle any longer. It doesn't matter to me any longer...

...believing I could do something different and trying to get my dad to see this is what caused the entire mess with Elysium, to begin with. I want to block it all out, for it to subside and go away like it never happened.

"Acacia..." a shiver runs down my spine, and it isn't from the rain coming down harder. Glancing down to where Bryant would have once waited for me...

...it's Mercury.

He motions for me, his eyes piercing through me as he follows up with, "Come here."

I attempt to steady my erratic heart rate, breathing out as calmly as I can while taking the steps slowly. When I come to stand in front of him, his stares down at me with something hidden in his eyes I can't discern. He nods in the direction of a near off school building while telling me, "Let's have a chat."

My heart beats fast, but I already knew this was coming...it was only a matter of time before Mercury would punish me for what I'd done at the end of the summer. I don't respond to him verbally, a simple nod sufficing as we walk side by side toward the building he's selected. It's the academic history building...the closer we approach, the more apprehensive I become.

Mercury...of course ever testing me...falls back a few steps as we approach the doors. As I've grown accustomed to, I don't question anything when I reach for the door and open it for him. It's nothing I haven't done before and after everything...it's the least of my concerns. He strides ahead with his hands in his pockets, heading to one of the further classrooms as I follow along behind.

Our footsteps echo, though that's the only sound other than the light breathing I can hear. He never approaches the classroom, because he stops in front of the supply closet, only he opens the door himself and utters one word, "Inside."

My heart speeds up once again as my breathing comes short. My gaze quickly flickers to him before I hesitantly take the steps inside. I glance around the room once I'm standing in the middle of the relatively small space. A few extra desks are lining one wall while the other has shelving of supplies for the classrooms.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand on end when I hear the door shut and lock behind me. Mercury stands behind me, the air catching in my lungs as he walks the few steps and I feel him play with the strands of my hair. His voice is even when he asks, "In what world did you think it was the brightest of ideas to tell your parents about us?"