⊰64⊱

🎂Double update for my son's birthday. Tobias Damien Young turns three today.🎂

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 16

Meliorist Sanctum

"No, I'm not part of the chess club," Mercury eyes me, though I keep my heart steady as he slowly releases my hand. He pauses a moment while Etain regards him and states, "Though I'm happy to be the one Acacia is dating."

Etain narrows her eyes and replies, "Funny. Acacia didn't mention she was dating anyone."

Mercury releases a sigh and pulls an attitude while questioning, "I'm sorry, but since when does she need to be treated like a child with a babysitter constantly hanging around?"

Etain remains silent while she continues to look first at me and then to Mercury. She's thorough...with what happened to me, Dante wanted to make sure I'd be kept safe and have someone to talk to...I never imagined she'd be this persistent. When her eyes trail back to me, I see Mercury take a step forward and outstretch his hand before grasping her shoulder.

"Look, she's got me to-"

A yell leaves his lips as Etain moves faster than Mercury anticipates...she snatches his wrist in her hand, grabbing his elbow with the other as she quickly strikes upward. I can hear the bone snap, my eyes widening as his yell becomes much more painful when she suddenly throws him over her shoulder, pinning him to the ground. His cheek is pressed hard against the pathway, Etain's knee pressing into his back while she holds his broken arm behind his shoulders.

Mercury is breathing hard, and when he moves, she tightens her grip, and he's left groaning in the agony that courses through his body.

What I don't expect...

...I feel his pain.

It's not as to the extreme he's in, but it hurts my heart when it shouldn't.

Etain clears her throat and informs him, "I do not know you. I do not trust you. Once you've given me a reason to trust you undoubtedly, you'll do well to stay away from Acacia Arin-"

"-Valentine," he corrects her, and in another moment, he's attempting to struggle out of her hold. Etain grabs his other arm when he moves to try and push off the ground, his voice almost nonexistent when she begins to hike it up behind his shoulder blades.

"Valentine...that surname was dead to me the moment Arthur's pitiful excuse for existence was ended..." her voice trails off before her gaze catches mine briefly and states, "...the Hybrid Queen would have done more honor to the woman who raised her by retaining the surname that contains honor...Wood."

"Bitch-"

"Yes, that's exactly what I am," a smirk crosses Etain's features as she playfully toys with him at this point, snapping his other arm while his cries carry out into the late night sky. It awakens a lot of my peers, some coming out of the dorm buildings to see what the ruckus is...

...Cypher and Niamh are among those.

Etain warns him, "It would be wise if you not to cross me, little vampire...because the vampires strong enough to take down an alpha, are those who have drunk the blood of their once so called enemies," her voice lowers and becomes very dangerous as I see the familiar glint reflect off her irises, her lips closer to his ear as she muses, "no matter how strong you think you are, you'll never outmatch one of us," she spits on his cheek before she releases the hold she has on him.