⊰77⊱

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

Though my existence might not be my choice...there's one last thing I can do with my life.

I'm going to find out exactly who and what I am...

...even if it means losing my life in the process.

After all...

...I'm already dead.

You can't break what's already broken...

...you can't hurt a girl that's already dead inside.

It's been months, well into summer that everyone has been out hunting for those who destroyed me, who made me into something I hardly even recognize any longer. There was no reason or call for celebration of my birthday, because they are all just thankful and happy for my very existence.

All of them have changed.

Regret is a very powerful emotion to read on someone's face, even when they're desperately trying to hide it like their very life depends on it.

My perception is better than ever, not engaging and merely living on the sidelines as I watch those around me living their lives. The only slight happiness I felt, even if it was for a flicker of an instance...is Marcus being protected.

They acted as parents for one moment and one decision...

...they gave Marcus to Grandpa Keir.

It's not safe for him and, at least they had the balls enough to admit their horrible attempt at ever being able to parent any of us. I'll give them that for honestly, but I'll never forgive them for everything that happened...

Perhaps when those who are most malevolent are finally detained and dealt with, then perhaps this world might have a fighting chance.

I saw the vampires and hybrids that so easily align with Mercury.

I know what could possibly be brewing...what's to come that is...

...perhaps I might be ready, should I understand what my purpose is meant for or I'll die figuring it out.

There's a lot going on with many questions from the council, my 'parents' once again...MIA, but it's to my advantage this time.

I release a sigh as I turn away from the sunlight warming my features from the window. It's for a fraction of a second do I see...

...the hue of the room shifts to purple, the spider webs creeping from the furthest corners. A shimmering light etches into the marble floor, my brows raising as all I can think to myself is...

...this is new.

It hardly fazes me though, it's become so normal through my life that I hold no fear. Like the shattering of a mirror, Nimue is standing before me, her features quite distraught. She stares at me, wondering if she's really seeing me.

When she does understand that this is all real, she tells me, "Lars altered the strands of fate, just before you were born, shifting bonds within bloodline ties."

"Does it even matter anymore? Really? Apparently...I was supposed to die before I was born, or I wouldn't have had to give up my wolf...know anything about that also?" I ask her, hardly caring to hear anymore about the way my life has led to moments out of horror stories.

Nimue's features soften as she tells me, "Acacia...I don't know why you were almost killed before your birth, but I know the beloved you have is truly not yours. Lars wanted a surefire way to break you without even having to influence...he tampered with fate. Rian is Mercury's cousin and nephew, due to Rochelle being his half sister and Taft's daughter. They share the same bloodline and a mate bond is easily switched with the right conditions," she pauses a moment as she winces, holding her stomach in pain before she continues, "Ciarán and you share the same bloodline through the Valentine line..."