⊰83⊱

Enchanting Cover by HavenStiel

💫

Acacia/Ciarán - Age 18

It was after my parents left, all of us heading into the pack lodge, Mandy the final one before shutting the door...that Lailoken's voice echoes through the silence, "Upstairs."

I turn around, the anger has left me and my body shaking slightly with how much tension finally had left my muscles. When I say, "I-"

"Ekáti," he cuts me right off and I release a steady breath as those from his pack eye the two of us. They'd all defended me...

...though I feel like I already know I crossed a line with Lailoken.

Without another word, I turn my back on Lailoken and release a short breath of air before climbing the stairs. I can hear him following me, but my gaze stays forward. When we reach his bedroom door, I open it and step inside, hearing him close it just behind the two of us.

"Sit," his word is short, though not harsh in tone. Walking to the edge of the bed, I turn around and sit on it, my gaze flickering down to my hands as they are shaking slightly.

Am I afraid of him?

Or am I afraid that what I did wasn't within my control?

Lailoken stands in front of me and asks, "Why did you defy my order?"

"I..." my voice trails off for a moment, picking at the seam on my pant leg and stating, "...I wanted to see my parents."

"You believed that was a good enough reason in itself to disregard my command?" I'm slightly confused when he questions me this way.

Shaking my head, I tell him, "I don't understand what you mean."

"You didn't go with them. In fact, you didn't put up any fight whatsoever in regards to leaving my pack," Lailoken continues. After he pauses for a few moments he then states, "You wanted them to know they have no say in what you do any longer."

My eyes widen the second he claims this.

"Ekáti, look at me," his voice isn't harsh at all, and I release a small exhale before bringing my eyes to meet with his. His eyes hold mine as he says, "I understand the statement you wanted to make, but you need to listen to me. That situation could have gone very wrong and with your emotions unstable, your power waivers uncontrollably."