Chapter 43

In my room I just slip on a t-shirt with my jean shorts.

When I reach downstairs Quinn is waiting for me with a white envelope.

"What's that?"

"For you." She says handing it to me. I give her curious look as I unfold it.

"You're scaring me." I say. She just shrugs and waits eagerly as I unfold the piece of paper inside. It's a note written in Drew's ugly handwriting.

It's hard to believe that we hated eachother so much.
But now I'm going to give you a hunch.
On where to look for your first clue.
It's by the big watery blue.
If you get a little lost.
Just remember our first photo sesh.

Quinn and I reread the note a couple times before I look at her confused. "Is this some kind of treasure hunt?"

"Yeah. He didn't even rhyme lost and sesh."

I can't help but laugh. This is honestly the cutest thing ever. "Who cares. Did you know about this?"

"Yup. He called me this morning and told me to come. There wasn't any family problems. Ew, stop blushing."

I bring my hands to my cheeks and realize I am blushing. "So um do you know where this is?"

"No. I only know the end result."

"Well." I huff. Watery blue? First photo sesh? Our first photo session was by the ocean. "I think it's by the beach. By the board walk?"

"Okay. First stop board walk. This is honestly the cutest thing ever. Preston better do this for me too."

I let out a laugh. "Bossy."

"You know it."

We get in Quinn's car and drive down to the beach. As soon as the car is in park, I hop out and rush down to the beach.

"So where could it be?" Quinn asks once she catches up.

"Um. I don't know. We um..." I try and remember what we did that day. We got here took some pictures and oh yeah! "Drew got like lunch here. Maybe a waiter has the next clue."

"Good thinking." I go over to the beachside restaurant.

"Hi. I'm here on a scavenger hunt." I say to the guy behind the counter. He looks completely board. "I was wondering if you had a clue for me by chance."

His blank expression doesn't leave his face as he stares at me. "Yeah no. Lady you're holding up the line."

"Rude." Quinn mumbles as she pulls me out of line. "Are you sure this is the place?"

"Positive." I say sitting onto a bench. Quinn sits next to me.

"What else did you guys do?" I think hard on Quinn's question. I remember us getting into a fight and going to the bathroom to throw up than sitting on a bench and-

"Wait!" I squeal. I hop off the bench and look underneath. Sure enough a white envelope is glued next to a pile of gum. "Yes!" I shout but than hit my head on the bottom of the bench. "Ouch!"

I sit up rubbing my head but Quinn snatches the clue from me. "I always turn green." She reads. "When I go into the place of the unclean. Antiques aren't my thing. But your clue will make a ding. What does that mean?" Quinn wails.

I smile at how unclever Drew is. "I know exactly what that means. Come on."

We go back to the car and as we drive I tell Quinn about when we went to the antique store on one of our photo sessions and how Drew ended up throwing up.

Picture PerfectOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara