Chapter 29

I pull up to Drew's house and let out a shakey breath. I don't know why I'm nervous. We're not dating or anything, just here so the parents know who there son is spending time with. His house is a simple two story, it's far from my rich neighborhood but not quite in the poor area.

I park on the street and get out of the car. I wasn't sure what to wear, whether this was a formal thing or not so I just wore a black see through shirt with a tan skirt. Hopefully I'm not over or under dressed.

I grab my purse out of the passengers seat and slam my door closed

I grab my purse out of the passengers seat and slam my door closed. Once I reach the front door I ring the doorbell and wait for someone to answer. A few moments later a girl with bleached white hair, bright blue eyes and pink cheeks answers the door. She has on a sweatshirt and leggings. The girl about my age immediately wraps me into a hug.

"Ashley, it's so nice to finally meet you!" I can't help but suck in my stomach in her tight embrace

"Kora I said that I'll answer the door!" A male voice shouts. Drew suddenly comes around the corner with shorts and a t-shirt on. I feel completely over dressed now. Drew's smile widens when he see's me. "Hey." He says walking over to me.

"Hey." I respond.

"So, um this is Kora." He says awkwardly pointing to the girl. Kora seems so sweet, it hurts to know Ryan took advantage of that.

"Come in, I want to introduce you to everyone else." Kora says excitedly. I can't help but smile at her excitedness and follow behind her. From the front door we go through the kitchen and into the living room.

A girl not much older than me with brown hair like Drew's is on the floor reading a book. A middle aged man and women with a bandana around her head are sitting on the couch. She can't be over fifty but she looks so weak. They walk over to me, the women embracing my first.

"Ashley I'm Marcey, it's so wonderful to meet you! I've heard so much about you!" I eye Drew who gives me a sheepish look.

"So much huh?" She pulls away from me and assesses me.

"Yes. Now, quit the outfit."

"Thanks." I say pulling on my already short top. The man walks up to me and offers his hand.

"Paul." He says with a shake.

"Ashley." He lets go of my hand and walks over to the girl on the floor. He clear his throat making her look up at me.

"I'm Darbi." She mutters and goes back to her book.

"Your lucky you got here today because Darbi just got back from college today and is leaving tomorrow." Kora explain.