Chapter 21

I push open the doors to the dance arena and am met with a bunch of girls dressed in tight outfits.

Quinn has been doing dance her whole life. With her mom having done dance herself, it was kinda a given that Quinn would do dance anyways. It wasn't like those situations where the parent makes them do something they don't want to do because Quinn was born to dance.

She's always been incredibly flexible and has a good rhythm to match the beat of any song. When we were younger she tried to get me into it, but let's just say me and the dance floor is like mustard on Mac and cheese; makes you cringe.

Now I see an overexcited Quinn running up to me in a sparkley, tight, purple top and purple spandex with a light purple skirt around it. It's actually really cute on her.

"You came!" She sqeals as she runs up to me

"Of course." She offers me a hug. To be honest I almost didn't come. I'm so weak right now from barley eating and so upset about the Ryan deal that just getting out of bed was a struggle this morning. But I didn't want to disappoint Quinn.

"I'm so excited. But nervous. Coach says we have to perform our best but what if I mess up? Or fall, or my costume comes apart or- "

"Quinn, you'll do just fine." I say reassuringly. Whenever she has a competition she goes haywire, getting excited and nervous and thinking up random situations that would never come to pass. "Hands down, your the best one here."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have to go but you should get a seat. My mom is over there somewhere if you want to sit with her."

"Thanks but Drew is meeting me here so we can get some pictures for our project."

"Oh la la!" Quinn swoons. "I won't get in the way of your budding romance."

I make a face. "No romance. Not ever."

"Whatever you say." And with that, she skips off. I roll my eyes and turn to face the door to wait for Drew.

To my surprise he's already standing behind me with a stupid smirk on his face.

"You heard everything huh?" I guess.

"Yup. It's okay Barbie, I wouldn't date you either."

"Good to know we're on same terms." I mumble.

"Drew?" We both turn to face a girl with brown hair. It's shaved in the sides, mohawk style. She actually looks really similar to the girl in my dream.

"Marina!" Drew says uncomfortably.

"What are you doing here?" She asks coming up to us. She has on black spandex and a sparkly black tight crop top. And damn is she skinny. And pretty. Did I mention she's skinny?

"I'm here with Ashley here." He says wrapping his arm over my shoulder. I shrug out of his arm causing a chuckle to escape Marinas lips.

"You're dating her?" She asks with disgust.