Chapter 1 (Book 2)

Okie!! I thought maybe you all would want to read the first chapter of The Imperfect Mates first, so here you go! Enjoy =)

Amy let out a relieved breath. She grinned and her eyes twinkled, happiness overwhelming her.

Finally, she thought to herself. No more being under the fear of people getting killed because of her. No more feeling the guilt of innocent people's death.

After so long, she could finally mourn for the death of her parents, her uncle Noah, who gave his life protecting her parents, and Sarah, her dearest friend, who was killed for just being close to Amy.

It was unfair, extremely unfair, that they were killed just so that Amy could be blackmailed into harming the pack. Why couldn't she have chosen anyone else?

The answer was so obvious, though. Amy was a human, the only human in the pack. Plus, she was also the Beta's mate. It made total sense to target her to destroy the pack because she was the only one who had something to lose outside the pack, along with the fact that she would clearly be close to the Alpha and his mate.

Astrid. That's what the woman called herself. The woman who was behind all the deaths, behind all the rogue attacks that the pack had been dealing with for the past year.

The woman who had been coercing with a member of the pack to get Sarah killed, to get her parents and Uncle Noah murdered, to get Amy completely scared to death so that she would cooperate with her diabolical plans.

With silver hair like the moon and only one strand of brown hair, the woman was indeed beautiful, despite her age. Yet, the vibes Amy got from her were no less than pure evil.

Even standing near her made Amy want to cower in fear and hide within the shadows but she put up a strong front, standing up against Astrid.

She didn't trust the woman at all, but she knew that the vial that Astrid had given her was to kill the Alpha. She had read up enough werewolf books when she found out she was Sam's mate to know that it was Silvermoon in her bag.

It was a poison that was so potent, because it was odorless and colourless when mixed well with any other liquid. It also did not have any significant smell, hence, making it extremely hard to detect if it was in any Wolves food. If a human tasted a spoonful of it, they could go into coma for weeks, but for a werewolf, it meant immediate death.

Knowing such an information made Amy frown. She promised Astrid to put this in the Alpha's drink during dinner but only, if the vile woman stopped killing innocents in the pack.

It was a risky move to take, especially when Amy knew very well that there was no way she would jeopardise the life of her Alpha.

In fact, her plan was to get away from that woman and from the pack house (so that the traitor in the pack was also clueless) and dump the liquid near some isolated bush so that there was no chance of her risking the Alpha's life.

Unluckily for her, her mate Sam, who had followed her to her parents house and saw her conversing with his father's murderer while holding on to the deadliest poison known to werewolves, had no idea what was going on in her mind.

With the thought that she was the traitor in the pack, he had set out to go back to the pack house, his heart breaking with each breath he took.

He couldn't believe that of all people, it was his mate that would better the pack. His wolf begged him to reconsider but Sam refused to let his soft, vulnerable heart from making him do what was right.

He should go to the Alpha and tell him. That would be the most same thing to do. Yet, he was in love with her. Amy, his mate. And, he could not best to be the reason his mate gets executed. He would rather kill himself than see that happen.

Yet, he could not let members of his pack die for his mate's mistake. As Beta of the pack, there was no chance he would allow that to happen.

Sam was in such a dilemma, he had no idea what to do.

But, he knew, that whatever he wanted to do, he had to do it fast, before something goes terribly wrong and his pack gets ruined.

Well, what will Sam do now? Aren't you curious to know too?

Don't forget to check out The Imperfect Mates and show it some love!! 😊

See you there!! : )