Chapter 33

Dear Amy,

It was really brave of you to try and save your pathetic Alpha Female in the mall yesterday. I'm kind of impressed yet at the same time, not. I mean, who really lets their emotions come in between their duty? Letting thoughts of your parents freeze you, what a terrible thing to do... I guess it's good that I killed them now. Maybe, you'll be more focused now!

Now, if you think that was the worst I can do, guess what, you are wrong! I had a great time trying to pick who to kill next and I have decided to let it be the girl who anyways wants to leave the pack. Guess she'll leave the world instead... Yup, Sarah, or should I call her Seraphina!

But that won't happen if you listen to me carefully. Firstly, don't show this letter to anyone. Next, come to the back gate of your parents' (used to be) home tomorrow at 3 pm and you might be able to save her.

P.S. If you want to keep the last piece of your parents, you might want to keep this letter. It is written in their blood anyways.

Love,
Your Worst Nightmare <3

Amy felt like screaming. No, she felt like crying. How could this have happened? Her parents; they couldn't be dead! How could this...this, whoever it was, do this to her?

She took in a deep breath. It could be a lie. She nodded her head. Yes, it might be fake for all she knew, someone who was trying to scare her. The thought made her feel more relieved than anything ever had in her life. Her parents weren't dead; they couldn't be.

The letter, though. Someone had been keeping a close eye on her to know what she had been talking to Giselle. She was definitely not safe, even though she was in the packhouse of her very own pack. Still, she had to show this letter to someone else. Someone who could help her. Going to her old home would be a trap and she definitely needed someone else's advice on what to do next.

Rushing down yet making her footsteps soft so as to not wake Sam up, Amy was relieved to find Liann still in the kitchen.

She relayed the message to her, showing her the letter and telling her what she thought about it.

"I don't think it's true either. Sounds too... I don't know, sketchy," Liann said.

Amy nodded, completely convinced that her parents were not really dead.

"I'll still go there though. Just, maybe not alone? I'll ask Sam or someone to come with me," Amy said.

"Yup. I would say take me along but I suck in fighting –"

"And don't I know that," Amy interjected, making Liann slap her arm.

"Shut it! I am amazing at fighting. Maybe, not in the punching or kicking but I am fantabulous in pulling people's hair! Want a demo?" she said, making Amy shake her head vigorously and run out of the room.

"Only if you can catch me!" Amy yelled, laughter escaping her and she used this childish moment with her best friend to get distracted from the fear that the letter had surrounded her with.

----

It was 2 pm and Amy had still not told Sam anything yet. She was too scared. With a deep breath, she entered his room, hoping that he was in there. The moment she walked in, she knew that he wasn't.

Disappointed, she was going to step out of the room when another letter landed next to her feet. Amy's eyes widened when she realized it came in through the open window in his room and she rushed to it, trying to look for the person who kept it there.

There was no one in sight and Amy picked the paper with trembling hands.

Dear Amy,

All I asked you to do was a simple thing; don't tell anyone anything. Instead, you tell your best friend everything! Not one for rules, are you?

Well, since you did not heed my instructions once, and since you don't seem to believe me about your parents, guess I'll have to do what I said I will do.

If I have guessed right, you weren't planning to me today, were you? Makes me really want to teach you a lesson. Personally.

Now, you better make sure that you come tomorrow. Same place. Same timing. If not, I already have someone else in mind. 

P.S. I just want you to know that whatever happens now, it's all your fault.

Love,
Your Worst Nightmare

The moment Amy folded the letter and slid it into her pocket, a scream rang through the house. Amy's eyes widened and she rushed down, almost tripping over herself.

That was Sarah's voice, she was sure of it. No! She couldn't let herself think that the letter spoke the truth. It was too scary. Bursting into Sarah's room, she saw it full of people, staring at the lifeless corpse on the bed, her neck cut deeply and the blood still sprouting out from the wound.

Amy found it hard to breathe and tears escaped her eyes as her knees buckled. She fell to the ground, her sobs loud and painful to even hear.

Sarah would never meet her mate again. Never train Amy again. Never be able to enjoy those occasional movie marathons they had while protesting about the ache in their bones from all the exercising. Never, Sarah would never do any of this again.

And this was all her fault!

Hey everyone! This was a really hard chapter for me to write! I honestly loved Sarah and writing this made me cry.

Please don't forget to comment on what you think!

Who do you think is sending these letters?

Do you think that Amy's parents are really dead?

Who do you think is helping this person infiltrate the pack?

Don't forget to vote, comment or share if you have liked this book till now!

Thanks for reading!