Chapter 4

I can't believe this! We are at over 85 reads!! Thank you all so much! You all have really made my day!!

P. S. I know I said I was going to update on Friday but I got super excited and updated today!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter!!

When Amy reached the class, both the things she wished for did not happen.

Her class was on the fourth floor, which, as she had assumed, was the highest floor on the main campus of her school. Unfortunately, she had been on the first floor when it was only twenty seconds before the bell rang.

It was almost impossible that Any could run up four floors within twenty seconds. She had never been a good runner and to try to become one had always only resulted in her looking like a panting mess.

Surprisingly, Liann had managed to slip into the class right before the bell rang, making Amy the only person who was tardy to that class. How nice!

When she did enter, though, Amy looked as though she had climbed the highest mountain in the world. She was panting heavily, her body bent forward as though she was almost going to faint and her face had taken a peculiar shade of red.

It was the most horrible first impression she could ever give to anyone. Amy miserably wished if Uncle Noah could be beside her as the teacher introduced her to her classmates, who were staring at her like she was an insult to the human race.

"This is Amy, she is eighteen year old and she has come from..." The bald male teacher, who was at least thrice her age, started before shuffling through his papers.

Seeing the struggle of the old man, Amy said, "Knightion City. I have come from Knightion City."

Her teacher let out a satisfied grunt before murmuring, "Wherever that place is. Anyways, welcome to Crescent Knights High School. I am Mr. Garrard and I'll be teaching you Statistics. You can take a seat beside Sierra."

The teacher's eyes glazed over and he seemed lost from reality before he once again murmured, "I presume you know who Liann is." Without looking at Amy's nod, he continued, "Take a seat beside her then."

Amy walked down the rows of seats before sliding in beside Liann. She frowned at Mr. Garrard. For a moment, he had seem as though he was communicating with someone through his mind. The way his eyes had glazed over, it made Amy shudder in her seat.

Liann glanced worriedly towards Amy. "Are you alright? Do you feel cold?" she asked, mistaking Amy's fear as something else.

Amy shook her head. "I'm fine. Don't worry," she said, shooting Liann a small smile before turning back towards Mr. Garrard.

He had started teaching, muttering about switching something with an 'x'. Amy frowned. How was she supposed to learn if the teacher did not talk loud enough for her to hear?

Looking around, she saw everyone paying close attention to the teacher, almost as though they could perfectly understand what he was saying. Amy titled her head slightly to one side. Maybe she was turning deaf. After all, how could she not hear something everyone else was hearing?

Letting out a small sigh of frustration, that got almost everyone looking at her curiously, Amy flipped open her textbook. At least, she wasn't blind. If she could not hear what the teacher was saying, she would just have to learn it through the words in her textbook.

I know this is a filler chapter but just bear with me, the action and mate-meeting is coming soon!

Comment your favourite number.

Thank you for reading till now!! :)