Chapter 25

Sam sighed. "I am sorry! I really... did not mean to say that to you," he pleaded.

"Well, you still said it. The damage is done!" Amy said, gritting her teeth in frustration.

"Look, I understand that you are upset but I really didn't mean to say that," Sam said, heaving out a deep breath.

Amy sighed. She needed to forgive him. Yes, she was angry but at least she was glad that he was regretting it. Plus, he was one of the only people in the house who she actually knew and she didn't want to fight with him on her first day in her new house. It just didn't seem right.

"I know. And as angry as I was, I'm glad that you actually talked to me without thinking before saying it. It makes me feel like you trust me," Amy said, a soft smile on her face.

Amy stared as Sam's expression changed from frustrated to pleased and his ears turned slightly pink. "I... I do trust you. I just... I usually do not say what's on my mind, especially if it would hurt the other person," he murmured, making Amy grin.

He really did care about others and for some reason, the fantasy of him being the perfect mate was once again building up in her head. She had always wanted someone who was sensitive to other people's feelings and appreciative to it, and to find that Sam was like that made Amy giddy.

"Wonderful. Well, I need to go study now, though. I completely forgot exactly how much homework I had left," Amy said, frowning at the load of homework that was innocently sitting in her school bag, waiting to torture her when she opened it.

"Why... Why would you do the homework?" Sam asked, puzzled.

Amy raised an eyebrow. "Because if I don't, I would get detention or something. And before you say it, I'm not going to take advantage of my new position to get away from doing homework," Amy stated.

Sam frowned. "Detention? How can you get detention if you are not even going to school?"

Now, it was Amy's turn to be confused and she got up from the bed. "Not going to school? What do you mean? Of course, I am going to school! If I don't go to school, how would I graduate and make it to college?"

Sam's eyes widened at Amy's fierce tone. "You want to go to school? I... Well, usually the mates of the top-ranking wolves don't go to school because they can't handle the stress. I... I didn't know you want to go," he murmured, before saying a few words under his breath, sounding similar to 'complicate' and 'not happy'.

"Well, I do want to go! I can't become a surgeon if I don't have the qualifications for it. Plus, think about it, if I do become a surgeon, I can help the pack during emergencies and all of that. So, I should really go!"

By then, Amy was desperate. Not being able to go to school was worse than anything. She didn't think she would actually have to stay in the pack house for every single hour in the day. It was hard to even comprehend such a thing.

Sam nodded. "I'll try to talk to Zach about it. Just... Just don't keep your hopes high, okay?" He murmured, before taking one of her hand in his and squeezing it. Then, he left the room, his shoulders just as tense as it was when he came in.

Any plopped down on her bed. She refused to think about it anymore. She didn't want to wallow in sadness and be unhappy the whole day. With that in mind, she sat down in front of her bag and pulled out her books, ready to face the battles of homework.
Hours later, a knock sounded on her door. Liann's head popped in and Amy gave her a weary smile. She was too tired from all the studying she had just done.

"Hey Amy! How are you doing here? Do you miss your family? By the way, Sam is looking for you. He needs to talk to you about something. Just be careful... Zach is with him and he doesn't look happy," Liann said, all in one breath, as she made her way to Amy's comfortable bed and settled on it.