Chapter 7

*Sam's Point of View*

"Thank you for joining us, Alpha Danvers. It has a pleasure to have you in our school. I am sure you will have a wonderful time teaching here," Zach said, smiling confidently at the powerful man in front of him.

Sam kept his face blank throughout the entire exchange. He did not need anyone to know how uncomfortable he felt at that moment or how scared he was that Alpha Danvers would ask him something that he had no answer for. Something close to, have you found your mate yet?

Sam closed his eyes briefly. He was already eighteen years old and he had not found a mate yet. If he did not his find mate by the age of nineteen, he knew that he was surely going to be mateless throughout his life. That would most probably be because his mate was dead or had already started her own life with someone other than him.

Sam could not wait to find his mate. The idea of a perfect being, made only for him, was making him feel giddy. However, he could not help but be disappointed that he had not yet find his mate. As waves of sorrow overwhelmed him, he heard his wolf whisper, "Soon. We will meet her soon."

A grin lit up his features. Sam's wolf hardly spoke to him, choosing to remain in the silence and speaking up only when strong emotions were present in his body. To hear his wolf talk to him, while informing that he would meet his mate soon, made him shiver with happiness.

Zach noticed the movement from the corner of of his eyes, and raised an eyebrow, concerned that his Beta was acting weird, especially since it was in front of another Alpha. Sam's eyes widened. Perhaps he was too excited.

He tried to make his face look blank once more but the giddiness was still within him. Internally laughing with pure joy, he let a relieved smile grace his face once the introduction and meeting with the other Alpha was over.

Zach and Sam walked out of the room, Zach muttering his best friend's ear off about how much respect he had for Alpha Dancers and how much the man had accomplished by the young age of thirty years.

Sam closed his eyes. A strong scent hit him as he tried to tune out his best friend's chattering. It smelled like strawberries, the sweet ones that his mother often gave him when she was proud of him. He could feel a pull towards that scent and he interrupted Zach.

"Zach!" he said, annoyed. "Can you smell that? I think it's my mate!"

Zach groaned. "What? You are meeting your mate? At school? That's the worse place to meet your mate!" he said, running a hand through his hair.

Sam narrowed his eyes at his best friend and continued walking towards the stairs where the scent was getting stronger. "It does not matter. The important thing, is that I am finally meeting her!" he said excitedly, grinning widely.

Zach smiled looking at his friend. Despite the jealousy that was coursing through him because his beta was going to find his mate faster than him, he was genuinely happy that his best friend had found his mate.

Sam had always been very closed-off, too shy to talk to new people, to awkward to bond with anyone other than his extremely close family and friends. Zach, somehow, knew that his mate would change that about him. It would be a good change. Gaining confidence wasn't necessarily a bad thing, after all.

Sam hurried down the stairs and towards the canteen. His mate's scent was getting stronger with each step he took. Giddiness filled him and he could not wait to meet her. He was sure she was going to be brave, strong and confident, having all the character traits that a Beta Female should have.