Chapter 11

Thank you for getting this book to 790 reads!! That's amazing!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! ❤

Amy gulped loudly before slipping out the phone from her pocket. After tapping on it a couple of times, she held it close to her ears.

"Uncle Noah?" she whispered into the phone.

No voice murmured in her ear and she let out a frustrated sigh. Why wasn't Uncle Noah picking up his phone? Amy wanted to go home. She didn't feel safe here anymore, especially now that she knew that her family were werewolves.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she realised there was another way she could get home. She tapped to go to the applications on her phone before tapping on 'Maps'. She was sure it would bring her home. There was no other way to rely on anyways.

Her blue eyes gleamed with delight as she managed to make her way down the stairs and out of the house without getting caught by anyone. It was very weird, especially because she knew werewolves had a great sense of smell. Maybe they were too preoccupied with the rogues to focus on her scent? Whatever the real reason was, Amy was glad that she managed to get out without a big scene.

Following the instructions on her phone, she took quick steps back home. Even as she walked, she tried not to concentrate on how a shadow seemed to hang over her body and the way the crows were fluttering their wings above her. The trees swayed to an eerie tune, making Amy take bigger strides in her rush to get out of the scary place.

After twenty-five long minutes, Amy found herself standing at her front door, ringing the bell and waiting for someone to open the door and let her in. The moment the door swung open, she rushed in, depositing her bag at the door and standing in front of her parents with her arms crossed.

Edmund and Lily Field exchanged glances before looking at their daughter with concerned eyes.

"Did you hear what happened–"

"How could you leave the family house–"

They both started talking at the same time but were cut off by Amy.

"They are werewolves!" she exclaimed, her eyes almost watering.

Her parents' looked at her in shock. "What?" her mother asked, clearly not understanding the words escaping her mouth.

"Mom! Dad! They are werewolves! Uncle Derek and all of them at the family house! They shift into wolves! We can't stay here!! They are werewolves!" she yelled, pacing around the living room.

Her mom put a hand on her shoulder. "Sweetheart, you must be mistaken," she said with a reassuring smile on her face.

Amy shook her head. "I have not made any mistake, Mom. I saw him shift with my own eyes. Uncle Derek is a werewolf! We need to leave! We need to pack away all our stuff! We can't stay here! They are werewolves! They can kill us!" she mumbled, earning nervous looks from her parents.

Her father put his hands on her shoulder, stopping her from pacing through the room and wearing it down. "Amy, we didn't want you to find out like this. We were going to break the news later. Yes, it is true. Uncle Derek and the whole family are werewolves. But they won't hurt us. They won't do anything to us for no reason. We are their family," he tried to explain.

"You knew?" Amy asked, disbelief shining in her eyes before they hardened once again. "Of course, you knew! You lived with them for years! Tell me, are you also a werewolf? Would you also shift and kill us? It is not safe here! We need to leave. If you don't want to come, then Mom and I would leave!"

Lily Field narrowed her eyes at Amy. "That is not the way you talk to your father! No, your father is not a werewolf, he doesn't have that gene and neither am I! And I am not going anywhere! Amy, sweetheart, you need to calm down. Nothing is going to happen to us. Yes, they may be werewolves, but they won't hurt us. They are family!"

Amy shook her head stubbornly. "No, they can't be family. They are crazy animals!"

Her father gritted his teeth. "Amy, I get it that you are in shock but don't insult them like them. Stop being so negative about this! Just accept it! There is no other way to get around this matter," he said.

Amy let out a frustrated breath. "I don't understand why you both don't see the danger there is of living with werewolves. They can kill us. We are powerless in front of them."

"They won't kill us," her father said.

"Look, I don't know why you both are so against it but I can't stay in this town anymore. Goodness knows how many more werewolves there might be. I am leaving!" She announced.

Her father raised an eyebrow. "Go ahead, try to leave. You won't be able to go anywhere. You don't have enough money to survive on your own and you do not have any stable job or friends to depend on. You will be on the streets," he said, making Amy gasp as he gave her a brief view into the life she would have if she actually left the town.

"Living on the streets is better than living with werewolves!" Amy announced.

Her mother stepped in. "Both of you, stop it! Arguing isn't going to solve anything. Amy, I know you did not expect this but don't be rash. Look, your senior year is going to finish in six months, right?" She didn't wait for Amy's nod. "After that, if you still think that you don't want to stay here, your dad and I will open up our house and you can go back and live in Knightion City. Just don't do anything stupid until then. Deal?"

Any took in a deep breath. Was she going to get any other choice to leave? She didn't think so. This was the best she could get. Six months. She would only have to tolerate the werewolves for six months.

Nodding her head in agreement, she said, "Deal."

--------------

An hour later, Amy found herself getting ready for bed. She needed a nap urgently, the events of the day tiring her greatly. With a heavy sigh, she snuggled into her bed.

Suddenly, the right side of her body started hurting, as though someone had pulled out a chunk of her flesh from there. When Amy touched it, the skin was normal. There was nothing.

Shaking off the weird feeling, she put a hand to her head. She did feel a bit warm. Maybe the slight fever was making her hallucinate. Closing her eyes, she tried to drift off into a dreamless sleep.

I am super sorry for the late update! I just didn't know how to word this chapter! I hope it was okay, though!

How was the chapter?👍 or 👎?

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan!!

Thank you for reading! :)