Chapter 32

When she woke up, Amy found Giselle sitting on the corner of her bed.

"Hey," she said groggily, lifting her hand up before realizing that it had bandages on it. Her eyes widened as she recalled the events that occurred before she fell asleep and she tried to cover her face behind her hair, knowing that there were tear stains on her cheek.

"Hey, sorry for disturbing but, well, I want to ask you something. I know you might think it is strange but just, like, answer the question honestly, please!" Giselle said quickly, her words tripping over each other.

Amy nodded her head, her eyes narrowed. "Sure."

"Okay, well, this is weird but like, why did you freeze yesterday?"

"What?" Amy was not even sure what Giselle was talking about.

"Yesterday, when we were outside the mall, why did you freeze?" Giselle asked, her eyes narrowed.

"Uh... It was the first time this happened. My initial reaction was to freeze like anyone else's would be. Plus, I didn't expect anything to happen on that trip! I mean, it's not like we were going anywhere dangerous. Obviously, I was shocked!" Amy ranted, her face flushed by the time she was done.

"That may be part of the reason, but it is not the main reason, is it?" Giselle asked, more like, stated. Without letting Amy say anything, she continued, "Look, I have realized that since I became the Alpha Female of this pack, I can tune in to the feelings of my pack members. And, that also includes being able to tell when they are hiding something from me. It is something all Alpha Females can do, so you don't really have to look that surprised. Now, tell me."

"I... Uh... I... I can't!" Amy cried out, "I didn't know they will be there and to see them after so many months and not being able to talk to them, it was so horrible and then, you were in front of me with a gun to your head. It was so scary and I didn't know what to do! I just couldn't take it!!"

"Who was in front of you?" Giselle asked softly, trying to pry more from Amy without upsetting her even more.

"My parents!" Amy said, running her hand through her hair in frustration as tears fell down her cheeks. "Oh, I miss them so much! But, I'm not allowed to see them because of some deal-thing I made! Ohh, how I regret it! If only I never left my parents..."

Giselle stared for a second with sympathetic eyes before giving her a tight hug.

"Every female mate, regardless of werewolf or human, has been forced to move in with their mate. It is horrible but it is our culture, and I know that some humans follow this culture too. We all know how you feel, Amy. I know it's worse for you because you can't talk to them at all but just know, that if you miss them any time, you can come to talk to me, alright?"

"Really?" Amy looked up at Giselle with red-rimmed, wide eyes.

"Of course! Remember, even if it might not feel like it now, having a mate makes it all worth it. Don't worry, alright? Go back to sleep," she said softly, as though she was talking to a child.

Emotionally and physically drained, Amy placed her head back on her pillow and was out in seconds.

It was dark outside, the stars shining brightly when Amy's eyes fluttered open. As she raised her head, a smile graced her face.

There he was, sitting on a chair beside her bed, her hand clasped in his, his eyes closed and his mind in dreamland. Sam. The reason why she left everything behind. The innocent smile on his face made her grin. He was her mate and Giselle was right. He was definitely worth everything!

Slowly, removing her hand from his loose grip, Amy got out of the bed and made her way to the pack house kitchen. She was famished and she found it hard to realize that she had been sleeping away almost the entire day without eating or even bothering to carry out any of her Beta Female responsibilities.

Stepping into the kitchen, she was attacked by a tight hug from none other than Liann.

"How are you? I haven't met you for soooooo long!!" Luann said, burying her face in Amy's hair.

"We went out two days ago, Liann. And I am great but I won't be if you continue to suffocate me," Amy said, her face squashed and words hardly coherent.

"Oops, sorry! Still, you should have talked to me, you know! I was so hurt that you had a huge chit chat with Sarah and then, one with the Alpha Female, but you didn't even bother talking to me," Liann said, with narrowed eyes.

"I am sorry, Liann. It's just, everything was so sudden and I didn't even have the time or energy to..." Amy gave up. She didn't know how to explain what she was feeling then but Liann was an amazing friend, and she gave Amy another tight hug knowing exactly how down in the blues she was.

"Don't worry, alright? Everything will be fine," she said reassuringly and Amy nodded, trying to believe the words that everyone around her seemed to be telling her all the time.

They chatted for a while, and Amy felt better. It was great being with her best friend. Yes, Amy didn't tell her every secret she knew (like Sarah's) and yes, Liann didn't tell her the hidden things about the pack but that didn't matter. Being someone's best friend didn't mean telling them or your secrets.

It was someone who you could be with, even for one minute, yet that person's presence will make you smile for the entire day. It was someone who you share everything with, knowing you wouldn't be judged. It was also someone who, even if you didn't share everything with, will still have your back in every situation.  Luann was that and so much more.

After chatting for an hour and stuffing herself, Amy was ready to go back to her room. Bidding Liann a goodbye, she left the kitchen, and went into her room, finding Sam still asleep.

Amy smiled, she was so glad that he cared for her so much since Liann told her how Zach and he had spent over 24 hours continuously scouring the grounds for that man outside the mall.

Amy resisted the urge to run her hand through Sam's hair, fearing that she will wake him up and instead, went to the windowsill to look out at the crescent moon shining outside, for it was her favorite moon.

She was surprised to see a letter placed there, threatening to fly off at any moment. Picking up, she tried to see if there was any name but an uneasiness settled over her as she saw nothing. As her eyes scanned over the words written on the paper, her blood froze.

Hello, amazing people! How are you? Living life to the fullest, or dying in school like me? Frankly, the only way I will go to school is by motivating myself about the next holidays! 😂

Well, how was this chapter? Great? Bad? Meh? Don't forget to share your feedback!

By the way, I got a riddle for you all; what flies when it's born, lies when it's alive and runs when it dies?

Honestly, thank you all so much for getting this book to over 16 K reads!!! Like, afngivbndk!! I can't even...

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book if you have liked it! Drop in a follow if you wish to too!

Thank you all so much for reading!!!  : )