Chapter 29

Amy stepped into the exercise room, determination set in her eyes. For some reason, she had been frustrated the entire day, probably stressed because she was going to finish school and start college soon or because she just had way too much paperwork to deal with.

Either way, she was not in any mood to be nice and as much as she had wanted to do this training and meet Sarah (Seraphina), she definitely did not feel like that anymore.

"Are you ignoring me?" she said as she stepped in, staring straight at Seraphina, the only one actually standing in the room.

"What are you even talking about?" she replied, even though she knew very well what Amy was actually saying.

"In the past few months, I have not said a word to you. Every time I walk into the room, somehow you find an excuse to leave. And, I have hardly seen you in school these days even though I know you have a perfect attendance." Amy gritted her teeth.

"Well, I was busy," Sarah said, looking as though she had no interest in continuing the discussion.

"Too busy to explain the words you told me the last time you actually bothered to talk to me?" Amy demanded.

"Look, can we just stop talking? This is the only day off I am supposed to get from training in a week and I still have to spend it with you while my friends have gone hunting! I really don't want to waste any more time I could get doing something more fun!" Sarah exploded, the anger in her eyes more apparent than that in her words.

"You mean, visiting your mate while saying stuff like you are going shopping?" Amy smirked, ignoring the shocked look on Sarah's face.

"Just because you tried to avoid me, it doesn't mean that I gave up. You are a fantastic warrior, Sarah, but you are horrible at realizing when somebody is stalking you. I have followed you to almost every place that you have been to in the past few months, and I can't believe that no one has realized this, but you have made loads of trips to the mall, spending hours in one shop and coming out with only one shopping bag! Like, how ridiculous is that?"

Amy raised an eyebrow. "I know that you are meeting your mate there, but I still don't understand what you meant by what you said before. Plus, isn't your mate supposed to be dead? So, explain," Amy said, ending her revelation and leaving Sarah shocked beyond belief.

Sarah looked around, even though the room was empty, before turning back to Amy. "Look, I don't want to talk about this now! I only get one day off from training and I'm still stuck with you!"

In a softer voice, she said, "I'll tell you later. I think there is someone outside, listening to us."

Then, going back to her normal voice, she continued, "Can we just carry on with training now?"

Amy sighed. "Alright," she said, replying to both statements with that one word.

Internally, she braced herself for the physical torture she was going to go through in this training, the only thing keeping her going is the anticipation of what she would find out after the training.

------

"You do know that you are terribly curious, don't you?" Sarah stated, jumping onto Amy's bed with a satisfied sigh. "And, why on Earth is your bed so comfortable? Mine feels like rocks compared to this!"

"I know. That's why I have been bugging you from the moment I met you! And my bed is more comfortable than yours because I'm the Beta's mate after all. I get special privileges for being awesome," Amy said. "Now, could you please tell me what you didn't tell me in the exercise room?"

"Well, I wasn't lying when I told you I wanted to leave the pack. I don't belong here. Not when my mate is not here. Plus, everybody says that my mate died because I didn't find one when the rest of the females in the pack did," Sarah said glumly.

"Then, why don't you just ask Zach?" Amy stated as though it was the easiest thing to do.

"I can't. Alpha will not accept who my mate is. He is too old-fashioned to understand. And when I say old-fashioned, I'm actually trying to say narrow-minded," Sarah said.

"Why? What is so unconventional about your mate that Alpha won't accept him?"

"Well, you may be good at following me, but you must be blind if you didn't realize it. My mate is not a him. It's a her," Sarah said, raising an eyebrow.

"Woah, seriously? I can't believe I didn't notice! Wait... Then, why were you threatening me to not talk to Alpha a few months ago if you don't like guys?"

"Well, I was originally planning to be so clingy to him that he will get rid of me but –"

"That's a stupid plan," Amy interjected.

"I know! As I was saying, it did not work so I am still thinking of another way."

"Then, why have you been ignoring me?" Amy asked, the hurt in her eyes slightly escaping into her voice.

"Because you ask too many questions!" Sarah said, smiling, making Amy laugh.

"You know, I can help you," Amy said.

"How?"

"Well, honestly, I don't know, but if you ever need my help, I'll help you. Regardless if whatever you want me to do. As long as you don't avoid me for months," Amy said seriously.

"I will if you ask me so many questions!" Sarah said, grinning.

"Thank you, though!" Sarah said sincerely, "It's hard to find a true friend in a pack of people who look down on you."

Amy smiled sadly and hugged Sarah. She knew how the pack still thought that they deserved a better Beta Female than her since she was only human. "I know."

Heyyy!!! I'm late! Again, I know!!!

I'm soooooo sooorry!!! I just have too many things going on and I honestly cannot keep up! But, I promise I will try to finish this book by December!

How was this chapter??? Good? Bad? Meh? I hope you liked it!

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote, comment and share this book with others!!

Thanks for reading!! :)