Chapter 19

Amy awoke to a burning pain in her shoulder. She winced, her head throbbing with an intensity that could hardly be described in words.

Amy looked around. Where was she? Staring briefly at her surroundings, she was surprised to find herself in a room that was painted mint green, reminding her of Sam's eyes.

Her eyes widened. Sam! Where was he? The last memory Amy had was being in the car with Sam. What happened next was quite blur in her head. His tooth became sharp and long and... he bit her?

Amy glared at the marble-tiled floor. She had heard of it before but she couldn't believe Sam actually did it. Amy had read about it in a book. It was called 'marking'.

As a sacred ritual, it was one of the most important events that occurred between mates. It signalled that they had accepted their mates as the person who they would spend their lives with. The person who they will cherish, the person who was the missing piece in them.

Marking only happened when both mates agreed to do it. It was shamed on to do it when one mate was not ready or had not given permission to get marked.

To think the Sam did such a thing made tears prick Amy's eyes. She couldn't believe that he actually marked her without her consent. She had high hopes for him, always imagining him to be that perfect mate in books who was always considerate of his mate.

She had not once stopped to think that maybe she was no longer in books. This was reality and guys in her storybooks did not exist here.

Still, she could not comprehend how Sam thought it was alright to mark her in the middle of the road without any warning. He could've at least made it special or even just asked for her permission. At least, she should have been given the chance to prepare herself for this.

Now, she was stuck in an unknown room (which was most probably Sam's, judging by the scent hanging heavily in the air), with a burning sensation in the middle of her shoulder, tears moistening her eyes and anger burning through her veins.

How dare Sam do this to her? Marking was a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Amy wasn't going to get marked again. She lost her opportunity to have that something special done for her for this unique tradition when Sam decided to sink his teeth into her without a logical reason.

Amy huffed angrily, crossing her arms over her stomach. Let him come, she thought. Amy knew she wouldn't let him off easy. Maybe she would think of reconsidering his punishment if he was sincerely sorry but until then, Amy knew she would not even bother talking to him, much less, looking at him.

He stole something extremely special, something she was really looking forward to, from her and she was not going to accept that without a fight.

Amy clutched her head. She felt dizzy, as though someone had given her a big smack with a hammer and she was about to faint. Amy narrowed her eyes at the comfortable mattress she was sitting on.

She still could not understand how she actually fainted. She did not have a low pain tolerance that she would faint from that bite. Amy let out a shaky breath. It must've been due to lack of sleep. If not, there was no way she would have fainted.

She nodded to herself, trying to convince herself that that was the reason of her moment of weakness, even though she knew that it was just an excuse her pride was making up to not admit that she was not as strong as she thought.

Amy looked up when she heard a knock at the door and glared at him as Sam made his way unto the room, a tray full of food hardly balancing in his hand.

"Um... Hey, Amy," he said casually as he set the tray on the table beside the bed.

Amy didn't stop glaring at him and once he realised it, he shuffled his feet.

"I know you are confused.. but, um... maybe you should let me explain?" he mumbled, making Amy burst.

"How dare you? You bit me? For no reason! Like, what is wrong with you?" Amy screamed, throwing her hands in the air in frustration.

"I... Well..." Sam stammered as he looked at her, wincing as she yelled at him.

"Are you going to explain now? Or are you just going to stand there? I swear, why did you even bite me? Like, seriously, don't you have anything better to do?" Amy gritted out, rage boiling in her as her head felt more dizzy. She was sure she was going to faint any minute now. Again.

"Um.. Yes, I am going to explain..." Sam said, slightly tilting his head away from Amy.

She might've not realised it, but he was getting a bit frightened from her outburst. In fact, he found her even scarier than the previous Beta who trained him for the Beta competition.

"Well, you see, I am a werewolf," he said hesitantly.

She rolled her eyes. "Is that supposed to be news to me?"

"And, well, you're my mate," he continued.

Amy raised an eyebrow, annoyance apparent in her eyes. "I know."

"Um, well, since you are taking this well, I'll also add in that I am the Beta of this pack," he said, smiling nervously.

'Well, this was something new.'

She finally let a small smile grace her lips. "Interesting."

Then, she fainted.

Wooh!!! The part in the synopsis of this book is finally here!!! Let's put our hands together for that!!!

Hey everyone!! How are you all? I'm suffering from lack of sleep but that's because school has started so give me a month or so, and I'll be fine.

How was this chapter? Good? Bad? Meh? I'm not too sure if this was good..

Anyways, thank you all so much for getting this book to 3.3K!!! I'm so happy!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book if you've liked it till now!!

Thank you for reading!! :)

See you in the next chapter!!!!