Chapter 16

Amy spent the entire night cooped up in her room, studying bits and pieces of every subject until her brain could no longer take more information and her dyslexia made her start scowling at her textbooks. Just when Amy was finally getting more serious about her schoolwork, her dyslexia was starting to act up.

It felt weird referring to it like that, as though dyslexia was a naughty kid that only disturbed her whenever she was focused to do something. Amy had been having dyslexia from a very young age, but through various 'special teachers', it was slightly remedied. However, it seemed like dyslexia loved her too much to let her go completely and she still couldn't read quickly and sometimes, got herself too jumbled up with words to be able to talk to someone.

Now, Amy was finally feeling the stress of school life. There were too many things that she needed to study and hardly enough time for it. She had to start learning the lessons of the past six months which she had missed while keeping up with her current lessons (which she was horribly failing in). The once floating student of her old school was now drowning in the lessons in her new school. She wondered if anyone else was in her predicament too.

Of course, they aren't, a voice in her head said, Everyone is not as crazy as you to join a class that was already halfway through the year without studying anything for it beforehand.

Amy scowled. Maybe it was her fault. After all, she had been the one to convince her parents that she would be able to catch up with the class. Amy didn't know that she was going to fall sick and meet her mate in her school. That took up too much of her time and now, she had six months and two weeks worth of books to study.

Meeting her mate was not a bad thing though. Sam was definitely the guy she wanted in her life. Amy had always been told that she was too loud so she had dreamt to fall in love with the guy who was quiet and shy, someone who could balance her craziness with his levelheadedness.

Sam was a sight for the eyes too. Amy's good luck must've been shining on her when she was decided to become Sam's mate because he was –and she wasn't afraid to say this– truly a gorgeous specimen and she was lucky to have him.

Amy could daydream the entire day about him. His beautiful green eyes that seemed to brighten when he was nervous about something, his sharp jaw that clenched when he got annoyed like the day Zach switched Amy's tutors, his tousled hair that always seemed to stand up despite his constant attempts to pat it back down, his full li–

Amy got startled as her alarm clock started blaring loudly and her eyes shot open. She didn't realise she had fallen asleep and her cheeks grew hot as she realised what she had been dreaming about. Stupid Amy, she thought to herself and she smacked herself on her forehead.

By the time Amy reached school, she had completely forgotten about Sam and was more curious to find out about why Sarah (or Seraphina, whatever her name was) had been like that.

If it was anybody else, Amy would not have been so persistent. However, the way Sarah was made Amy feel that she had no one who she could talk to and that she hid too many secrets that she actually wanted to let out. Amy wanted to help her, maybe it was curiosity, but Amy wanted to know more about her, simply because she seemed different from everyone else and was more than the threatening girl that she portrayed herself to be.

Amy waved goodbye at Uncle Noah, who was still clueless about werewolves, and rushed into the school buildings. The faster she found Sarah, the more time she would have to talk to her and reach class before the bell rang.