Chapter 24

Amy buried her face in the pillow of her new bed. It smelled vaguely of detergent and Amy groaned loudly, not bothered in any sense that someone could overhear her monstrous form of wailing.

She still could not believe that Sam had behaved like that. Alright, maybe it was an accident but it definitely made a strong impression on her and she felt as though she made the wrong decision.

Maybe, she could go back to Jared and plead him to take her in?

After all, the only reason why she actually joined Freedom Knights pack, was because Sam was in it. Why, just why, did she actually think that just because she joined the pack, they would miraculously become the most amazing couple there ever was?

Amy cursed her life. First, she had to move away from all her friends to come to this town in the middle of nowhere. Then, she had to meet her mate, who must be the only werewolf in the entire world, who hardly cared about her. Or at least, that's the type of vibes he was giving out to her.

At least she had someone who sympathised with her, Amy thought as she remembered meeting Sam's cousin, Sierra, a while back when she came into the pack house.

As if the thought was a cue, a knock sounded on the door and Amy sat up and smiled as Sierra poked her head in.

"Hey, Amy," she said, her lips curling up into a mischievous grin.

"Hey, Sierra! Come in," Amy said, a smile widening on her face.

Sierra frowned. "Why are you calling me 'Sierra'? I told you my name is Neha," she said, pouting.

Amy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "I don't get you. Sam said your name is Sierra but you say it's Neha. Which one is it?"

Sierra sheepishly grinned. "Okay, so both of them are my name," she stated, her brown eyes sparkling with the thought of storytelling.

"See, I was actually born in this town by two extremely wonderful people. They were the most kindest people in town and everyone loved them. They lived in peace and nothing went wrong for them. Until they died!"

Amy gasped but Sierra just continued. "Yes, I know, it was horrible. But the fates had decided it so what can we do about that. Unfortunately, they didn't have any siblings or parents to take care of me. So, Mama Daisy and Papa Rob stepped in and became like my parents! That's why I am so different from them," Sierra said, pinching her chocolate-colored skin, which was a huge contrast from the slightly tanned skin that Sam seemed to sport.

"But, my parents had named me Neha before they died. Mama Daisy found it a mouthful so she called me Sierra instead. Not too long later, everyone in the family started calling me that. But, somehow, I still remembered what my parents named me so I consider that as my real name because I want something that reminds me of my parents' to live with," Neha said, her eyes watering slightly.

Amy gave her a sympathetic smile. "Well, I would love to call you Neha but it will get really confusing and messy, so I think I'll stick with Sierra. Sorry!" she confessed, biting her lip as she took Sierra's hand in her own and clasping them together.

The both of them stated at each other for awhile, their hearts at an all-time-low before Sierra quickly covered up her sadness with a concerned look.

"So, how are you? I know it must have been hard to leave your parents," she asked, making Amy nod.

"It was hard. I just... Well, I regret not spending more time with my parents now. Had I known that this would happen, I would have definitely made more memories with them. At least, then, I wouldn't feel so horrible for leaving them," Amy said, staring at the tiny lines and cracks in the wooden boards that made up the floor.