27

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
APOLOGIES

At the next Raw Jey sat in the locker room fidgeting his leg, up and down with a light tapping sound on the floor. He cracked his knuckles, beginning to tape them to distract himself from the nagging anxiousness surging through his body.

For anyone else it looked like he was just preparing for his match but when he was really preparing for, was the first part of an agreement that felt like he signed a deal with the devil.

"Alright guys, thanks for coming!" Jesse smiles at their guests happy that the turnout was good. Kofi, Randy and the others bid their goodbyes leaving the house.

"Man this was lit dawg, y'all gotta host this more often." Jimmy says giving the sisters and their mom a side hug with a kiss on the outer part of the woman's hand as a sign of respect.

"We'll try." Jesse responds.

"Oh yes we will, just not with too many people, maybe you guys and invite that blonde fella you go to the ring with, he's cute." Gloria says to them.

"Oh you mean Solo?" Jimmy asks.

"Oh, Solo, tell him come by, so we can be a duet." Gloria left Jimmy's jaw on the floor as Jey held back his laughter making Naomi smack him in the shoulder.

Jesse and Stacy groan in embarrassment, as Leanne laughs at their mother's boldness.

"I-I will Ms. Garcia." Jimmy says stifling his laugh.

"Thank you for having us, Ms. Garcia." Naomi smiles at the woman.

"Oh no problem, you all are welcome anytime." Gloria waves her hand as if it's no problem saying.

As the trio left, Jey ran back quickly giving Leanne a sweet kiss on the lips, "Goodnight mama."

"Goodnight Jey." Leanne says with a cheeky smile.

"Man come on, you seeing eachother tomorrow let's go." Jimmy calls back.

"Boy hush, let the lovebirds sing." Naomi says from in the car.

As Jey gets in the back seat his phone chimes in his pocket.

Unknown

Have you made your decision
9:45PM

Jey froze at the message, he didn't know what to type. He knew his odds if he still went through with it but it would be worse for Leanne to find out from others besides him.

So reluctantly he answered.

Yes
9:46PM

Jey don't make me ask you for the answers
9:47PM

Jey gave no reply.