24

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
GIRL'S DAY

        Walking through the mall, the girls picked up basically whatever they liked.

Taking another pair of jeans of the hanger, Stacy let out a pleased sigh, "Oh how I love money."

The remark makes Leanne laugh as she picks up a shirt she liked herself.

"Which one should I get checkered or plaid." Jesse says wavering two shirts up.

"The fact that those are option for you is honestly sad." Leanne replies, Stacy nodding in agreement.

"I'm trying to look welcoming and casual." Jesse explains.

"Why do that when you're rich and famous." Stacy retorts.

Looking at the clothes on her arm, Leanne notices alot of it wasn't what Jesse would normally wear.

"Are you looking for a new wardrobe or something. What's with all the granny clothes?" She asks.

"Because.." She looks away.

"Because..." Leanne inquires.

"Jake wants me to meet his parents next weekend." Jesse admits.

"Wait seriously?" Leanne looks at her wide eyed at her bestfriend who nods.

Jake was Jesse's boyfriend, they had been together for almost four years now, she met him at a house show and the rest was history, though she doesn't speak about him much, Leanne heard her fare share of good and bad moments the couple have had.

"Wow, it takes four years for him to finally let you meet his parents." Stacy says dryly.

"You only say all this because you don't like him." Jesse retorts to her sister.

"Damn right." Stacy shoots back being clear that she does not like him.

"I don't even see why you don't, he's a good guy." Jesse defends.

"Something about him is off I know it." Stacy replies.

"Stacy, he's not going to cheat on me." Jesse deadpans.

"It doesn't have to be cheating you know. He could be the leader of a cult." Stacy retorts.

"Ok, would you guys quit it. If you're gonna meet his parents why are you trying to go for business casual?" Leanne asks.

"Because, this a serious step in our relationship and I feel like he's letting me meet them for another reason." Jesse says.

"What like marraige?" Leanne asks.

"I didn't say that." Jesse replies.

"But you thought that." Leanne retorts.

Not answering, the older sister looks away thinking. She had a perplexed look on her face, almost like she was scared. She squeezed her lips together looking down, fiddling with the clothes on the rack.

Seeing her like that makes Leanne ask the question, "Jesse, if he does propose, would you even be ready for that?"

Scoffing she replies, "of course I would be."

Despite how sure her voice sounded so sure her face said the complete opposite.

"Look can you guys just help me find an outfit to meet his parents in?" Jesse shakes her head saying.

"Alright." Leanne replies.

"First order of business, but all of this back."

          After they had bought all they needed, for A. The party and B. Themselves. They were walking through the food court when Leanne remembered.