11

CHAPTER ELEVEN
RIDE ALONG

   About forty minutes after they had picked up Leanne. Randy, Jimmy and Matt had fallen asleep, because they were squished together Matt's head was on Jimmy's shoulder who was also laying on Randy's who was leaned on the door.

Leanne also felt herself tired but hid it well not wanting to fall asleep in a car with people she didn't know that well.

Jey spent the time thinking, he'd glance over at Leanne ever so often to see if she was alright, only to see her playing with the rings on her finger.

"How come you were riding alone?" He then asks breaking the silence between them.

"It was late, mostly everyone had left and I didn't wanna inconvenience anyone." She told a half truth half lie, yes it was late but the truth she didn't exactly want to go asking anyone for a ride since she felt it would be odd seeing she never spoken to anyone else really.

"You weren't gonna inconvenience anyone, no one rides alone, and it's for good reason. What if I didn't pick up, you'd be out there still with God knows what." Jey didn't mean to sound like he was scolding her but the thought of her stranded out there, where anything could've happened brought dread to his heart.

"I know, I was gonna join up with someone in the morning." Leanne replies.

"I'm just glad I was there to help. Scared the crap out of me." He sighs, not realizing he'd voiced his personal opinion.

When he did he looked at Leanne slightly alarmed seeing her with a perplexed look.

"Seriously?" She asks him.

"Yeah, calling like that saying you need help, I thought something happened to you." He answers.

"Glad nothing happened." He added softly.

Leanne didn't know how to respond, she didn't realize how much Jey actually cared for her. She obviously didn't know how much he thought about her, the only thing she did see was effort that he put in to her whenever he got the chance too.

Even in the storyline, he'd go above and beyond just to make her look extraordinary. Because that's what she was to him. Extraordinary.

"Me too." She utters. "I guess I owe you one now huh?" She speaks up, a small grin on her face.

"Nah, it was an emergency, doesn't count." He waves off.

"You sure? I don't need you three months from now talking 'bout some 'remember when is saved you on the stretch to Houston'." She imitates his voice.

"I do not sound like that." He laughs looking between her and the road.

"Really? What is this better, 'aye uce, 'member I helped you out on the stretch, hook me up with sum my dawg'." She pretended to imitate the way Jey doesn't promos putting her hand up as if she were rapping.

A harder laughs comes from him, hitting the staring wheel with laughter, "alright how bout this 'I got no problem dropping you where you stand, a'ight pumpkin'." He dramatized her words from a segment they had speaking in a high tone.

"My voice is not freakishly high like that, nor is the slang accurate what so ever." She says between laughs.

Jey smiles looking at her as she giggles at their "conversation". He didn't show it but he was doing backflips in his head just because he made her laugh. For the first time he had gotten a genuine laugh and smile out of her.

Nothing was better that this moment.

"Aye, you hungry." Jey then asks.

"I could eat." She shrugs.