05

CHAPTER FIVE
GET HER NUMBER

      Leanne arrived the next week for Raw feeling good about the night, it would be the first time she wrestled since becoming champion and she was set out to look as good as possible.

She did her hair and makeup in the lockeroom when Rhea approached. "Hey, did you hear about our storyline changes?"

"We had storyline changes?" Leanne turns to her, one eyelash on and her hair done.

"Yeah, Adam said something about a mixed tag thing to bring in Dom." The Australian informs her.

"Dom's already been in it though," which was true leading up to their WrestleMania bout Dom has made sly remarks at Leanne and even cost her a couple singles matches on the way up.

"I think it's because of last week, everyone buzzing about it." Rhea says referring to the segment between them and Jey. "I'm not sure though, you've got a meeting with Adam to fill you in."

Leanne nods at her taking in the information. She wasn't sure how to feel about it. Leanne always made career wise decisions when it came to everything, but last week when Jey interrupted her, she had no say in if she was OK with it or not, hence the reason why she was upset in the first place. But after the week past she found herself less and less angry about it and more looking forward to her run as champion.

Quickly finishing her makeup, the champion left the lockeroom going to Adam's office. She knocked on the door first and after hearing a faint 'come in' she entered.

"Hey Adam, what is this I'm hearing about adding Jey to Rhea and I's storyline?" She questions him, immediately getting to the point.

"Oh yes, last week's debacle with you and Jey Uso before Rhea's interruption caused a lot of stir in the WWE universe, so Hunter and I think it's best we kind of tease them with you and Jey." Adam explains.

She furrows her eyebrows at the idea, "Jey's a baby face though, I'm a heel." She mentions.

"Yeah, well we're still figuring out the details of it, but you have a small segment with Jey tonight before PVA goes out for their tag team match." Adam tells her.

Now knowing what will be going to happen, she nods. "This doesn't end in some kind of relationship, right?" She asks.

"Oh no, this is simply a partnership between you too until your and Rhea's feud is finished." Adam clears up.

"Alright, good." She nods at his words, "thanks Adam."

The older man nods dismissing her from his office. As she stepped out, she walked into catering meeting her friends, Jesse and Stacy who were seated in the corner of the room.

Either because she was focused on her friends or just completely oblivious, the champion didn't notice the many eyes on her, including Jey's.

     Jey walked as she effortlessly strut across the room; he wasn't sure if she did it on purpose or if she was just a natural, but he knew one thing: Leanne Fox owned everything she did.

He stared at her as she sat down, her side facing him. She went into casual conversation with her friends smiling and laughing with them.