09

CHAPTER NINE
TRAVELING ALONE

       For the last month, the words spoken to him by Leanne whirled around in Jey Uso's head as if she said it yesterday. He hadn't told anyone about the ordeal deciding it wasn't something to be shared.

Through Leanne said it wasn't advised for him to get to know her, he still wanted to.

Since their talk in the gym the pair hadn't talked in a conversation or text ever since. They'd show up keep up with the storyline and then go their separate ways after.

It wasn't suppose to be awkward but because it was obvious Jey wanted to get closer to her and she made effort for nothing else except pushing him away, it made for an awkward situation when the cameras turned off.

It got so awkward that after their segment, Jesse and Stacy could practically see the awkwardness at this point so much so that they would be on standby for when the segments was up.

Especially the last one on one segment they had.

As planned Jey was flirty and got close to her except this time it only made Leanne feel hot. Of course she never told anyone especially Stacy who probably would've screamed her ear off.

Despite this, for everyone else it looked like the two were completely fine. Whenever they did speak about work it was casual and cool, it was only after that it got awkward.

Jey also didn't waste anytime in letting the fans know how he felt about about Leanne.

Two nights ago at a house show he took a picture next to a sign that illustrated Leanne and Jey together.

He also screenshoted the messges he told her 'you can put me in my place anyday mama' and posted it to his story and mentioned her in it.

She never responded but Jey and Leanne became the talk of the town on twitter.

As for Leanne, she tried her best to keep her mind off of Uso. She refused to give into talking to him knowing that after they work together she'd barely spare him a glance.

It wasn't that she was rude, she just got use to people walking away to the point she started doing it first. Called it an escape route if you will, but she instead drowned herself in her work and with wwe making up such a high portion of her life it was perfect.

Added that being champ made her 10x as busy now it only helped her keep her mind off him.

She groans as her phone buzzes once more with a mention from Twitter, Jey and everyone riled up with the recent posts and story he put up. She remained silent it didn't stop the fans from begging her to answer to it.

She was tempted to just respond, but she didn't wanna start an online story makeup, she preferred keeping wwe's idea of life and her own separate.

Besides all this, the champion was sat in the lockeroom since she came to the show at 2PM earlier. She honestly didn't even know why, she had no where else to be and she already had the script for tonight so there was really no need for her to leave.

"Girl why you stuck up in here?" Stacy walks with Jesse, both with a light snack before the show starts.

"Going over the script for later." She answers her head down in the papers as she highlights her lines.