10

CHAPTER TEN
FLAT TIRE

      It was about five hours into the fifteen hour ride that Leanne had ahead of her. To say she was bored was an understatement.

The car was quiet with only music playing on the stereo to keep her awake. So far she had done literally anything to get her interest.

Listened to music.

Watched a show (sort of).

Listened to an audio book.

Listened to a Ted talk.

The girl was so bored she started playing eye spy with herself.

She did damn near everything you could do to have fun while driving a car.

"I spy with my little eye...something red." Leanne says.

"Ooo! The tail lights of that truck." She says to herself as if she won a game.

"I win, again."

     Another two hours had pasted and Leanne gave up, she was fed up of speaking, fed up of listening to anything, fed of trying to entertain herself and she started to feel a little tired.

Only having an alarm on every hour to alert her again.

As she carried on down the stretch she jumped in fright when she heard a loud bang from outside the car.

Hissss!

Sounding like a balloon bursting she left her side of the car slump down.

"No, no, you've got to be kidding me." She curses.

Pulling to the side, she steps out the car walking around to the front to see the damage.

Her tire was burst. Just great.

All alone on a dark stretch with a busted tire.

She pulls out her phone looking for a service to call. Walking around for a bit she couldn't get any until after stretching her hand above the car she managed to get a bar.

"Yes!" Quickly she looked up the nearest tow service.

Dial tone. "Are you serious, what kind of 24 hour service is this?" She scoffs.

She knew she couldn't call Jesse or Stacy, their phones would be on airplane mode or off.

And she couldn't call Hunter since he'd probably be asleep and also on a plane. Most likely a PJ.

Scrolling threw the few other contacts she had which consisted of family, she stumbles across the last contact that she knew would atleast be in some range.

       Jey laughs listening to Matt tell his story. They were laughing at how Randy and him even became friends in the first place.

"Oh, i am so high right now." Matt remarks.

The car got quiet, everyone looking at him seriously.