Chapter Twenty-Four

Do I seriously look like that?

We're sitting crossed-legged in front of the mirror in my bedroom with make-up sprawled between us. Noah purses his lips together and waggles his eyebrows as he applies cherry pink lip balm to his lips. I place the cap on my lipstick and rub my lips together. I grab Noah's face and kiss his cheek, which leaves behind a brown lip print.

"Ewww," he protests.

"Hey Noah, do you want to build a blanket fort in the lounge room?" Daniel asks as he wanders into the bedroom.

"Yes," Noah screams as he runs over to Daniel. He rustles his fingers through Noah's hair and smiles down at him.

"Can you grab some pillows and blankets and put them in the lounge room?" Noah dashes off, while Daniel's gaze hungrily rakes over my body.

"Are you almost ready? Harvey said Clara's almost ready and they'll be heading over soon," he comments.

"Yes." I scoop the makeup and dump it into my makeup bag. I stand up and the tight black fabric of my impossibly short skirt slides up my thighs. I tug on the hem and smooth it down. Clara wants to go clubbing because she hasn't done anything exciting like that since her children were born. I had to dig through pre-Noah clothes which just fit.

Daniel closes the space and snakes his arm around my waist, pulling me flush against his chest. His finger hooks under my chin, bringing my gaze to his. He rubs his nose against mine and his warm breath tickles my lips.

"You look sexy."

I inch up and plant my lips on his. One of Daniel's hands slides over the curve of my ass and squeezes it.

"Are you sure you need to go? You could stay with us."

"Clara will be upset if I bail."

"True, Henry said it's all Clara's been talking about. I'm happy you three are hanging out. Hopefully, you feel more like a part of the family."

"If you need me to stay, I can. Sometimes Noah's hard to put to sleep."

"We'll be fine."

"If you need me-"

"We'll be fine," he repeats.

"Don't forget his bedtime is at eight and we read-" Daniel plants his lips on mine, silencing me mid-sentence.

"Baby, I know the routine."

"I'm just nervous." I sigh.

"You have nothing to be worried about."

"Okay." I nod, inhaling a calmer breath.

My phone buzzes with a message from Clara saying they're on their way to get me. I turn to the mirror to survey the outfit, while Daniel's hands rest on my waist. His warm chest rests behind me and it's luring me to stay at home, wrapped in his arms.