Chapter Eight

Sweat gathers on my forehead and I brush it off with the back of my hand

Sweat gathers on my forehead and I brush it off with the back of my hand. It's toasty under the blanket, but that could be from the arm and leg wrapped around me and the heat radiating from Daniel. I wiggle onto my back, and he kisses my temple and squeezes me closer.

"I could get used to this," he mumbles into my hair.

I'm sticking to the sheets, so I roll onto my stomach and stretch onto the cool patch. Daniel shuffles across and nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck. He traces my arm with his finger, sending tingles shooting down my spine.

"Mm, that feels nice." I sigh.

"How are you?"

I press my face into the pillow and groan before turning back to take a deep breath.

"There's this pressure in my head which makes it feel like it's going to explode. I hate that carefree feeling when drinking because you don't care about tomorrow because it's far away like you don't have to deal with being hungover and then poof, you're lurched over a toilet bowl puking your guts up."

"Wow." He chuckles.

"I'm sorry, that's probably a little too much information."

"Do you need to puke?" He rubs my lower back.

"It only happens when I've been drinking beer or wine. Those hangovers are something else." I sigh. "Again, too much information."

Daniel continues to rub circles into my lower back, and it sort of takes my mind off the pressure in my head.

"I want to know everything about you, Ellie."

"Everything?"

"Everything." He chuckles.

"You don't know what you've opened yourself up to." I chuckle.

"I don't scare easily, Ellie, if you haven't noticed." He stops rubbing my back and I moan from the loss of contact. "In fact, I even sleep with my feet uncovered at night."

"How?" I gasp.

"I'm not afraid."

"Until something touches your feet in the middle of the night." I chuckle.

"I still want to know everything about you, and this information will help me in the future. Like now, I know to get you a bucket after you've been drinking wine."

"Well then, never let me drink over two glasses of wine."

"Okay." He laughs.

"What about yourself? How are you?"

"Yeah, I'm good." He nuzzles back in. "I don't get hungover often."

"Some people have the best of luck." I sigh.

"Sure do."

"What do your friends think about me? I think I made a fool of myself towards the end of the night." I blush. "Some of those dance moves were." I cringe.