Chapter Three

What do you wear to a casual date at home? I want to look cute but comfortable, sexy, but not trying too hard

What do you wear to a casual date at home? I want to look cute but comfortable, sexy, but not trying too hard. I hate this part about dating and how uneasy it feels. I twirl around in my blue sundress and glance at the green floral one discarded on the bed behind me.

The green dress is slightly shorter, revealing more of my upper thighs while the blue dress has a deeper curve, revealing more cleavage. Both of the dresses frame my figure and highlight my waistline.

I send a picture to the group chat for feedback, and it only takes a second before my phone is pinging with replies from the girls.

'I love the dress! Very cute, casual, and a little sexy. What's the underwear situation like? You better not be wearing granny panties to a date with a hot man.' - Talia.

'Girl, be prepared. You don't want to be caught in granny panties.' - Jordan.

'Learn from my pain, Ellie, it's horrific.' - Talia.

'I pack a spare pair in my bag. You never know when you'll need them.' - Jordan.

'Oh, that's a good idea.' - Talia.

Jordan's right about that, but we have two very different reasons for carrying spare underwear. I flip the dress up and eye the nude high wasted underwear. It's silky and soft, but not very sexy. I haven't been on a date in a while and certainly haven't had any action in an even longer time. Can you forget how to have sex?

"Shit," I grumble.

I wander into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of wine and take a big gulp before heading back to the bedroom. I dig through my drawer until I find a pair of black lacy underwear. I haven't worn cute underwear since before Noah was born; I hope they fit.

I quickly change my underwear and clear up the mess in the bedroom. Perhaps things will lead to us having sex, perhaps they won't. I haven't decided if I want to do it this soon, but I guess one should always be prepared for the unexpected.

The doorbell rings, and I chug the remainder of the glass and walk to the door. Butterflies and excitement erupt in my stomach, which makes my heart race. I take a deep breath before swinging the door open, like ripping a band-aid off.

"Hi." I smile.

"Hey, beautiful."

We hug and he softly kisses my cheek. He's wearing that nice, musky aftershave from the first night we met, and it's just as intoxicating as the last time.

"I bought this for you as well." He holds up a bottle of white wine. "I wasn't sure what you drink, so I tried to find something that's not too sweet or bitter."

"You didn't have to, but thank you."

"I wanted to contribute something. Very hard when you don't know what you're doing."