Chapter Nineteen

Daniel's Point of View

"When was the last time we did this?" Harvey looks around the table before settling his gaze on the half-drunk cup of whisky and coke.

"When Daniel and Eden broke up," Henry answers. "It's been a while and I still remember the hangover like it was yesterday."

Just the mention of her name stirs memories and the wounds on my heart ache. No matter what I do, those wounds will always be there but it serves as a reminder that I deserve better.

"Hangovers only last for a day, memories last forever and I recall we had a great night," Harvey says. "Well, good night despite the circumstances." His gaze flickers to me and he sheepishly smiles.

"We should catch up more like this; just the three of us," I comment.

"I would love to, but it's hard to leave the house when you have kids," Henry comments. "Clara wants time away from the children or we need more family time."

"It's true." Harvey sighs. "And I only have one."

"It doesn't have to be a big night of drinking, we could just grab coffee or lunch," I suggest.

"But I like drinking." Harvey pouts. "Aubrey is talking about having another baby, but she wants to move to a bigger house which means we need more money."

Henry rolls his eyes.

"Regardless if alcohol is involved, we should just catch up more. We see each other on family night but we don't actually see each other."

"It's true." Henry nods.

"What's got you so sentimental?" Harvey frowns. "Aren't you enjoying your bachelor lifestyle? Do you need friends to hang out with?"

Henry loudly laughs, which causes Harvey to frown.

"I've happily traded in the bachelor lifestyle for a girlfriend. Not that I really had a bachelor lifestyle or pad considering I'm living at home with our parents." I'm not into one-night stands either.

"Congratulations." Harvey pats my back.

Henry laughs again and takes a long sip from his drink. Harvey looks between us and raises his eyebrow.

"What's wrong with his girlfriend? Have you met her?" Harvey asks.

"His girlfriend has a three-year-old son."

"Does Mum know?" Havey gasps like a child.

I roll my eyes.

"There are a few things she doesn't know." I sigh. "But she doesn't know about Ellie, she's suspicious though and Dad told her to stop prying into my personal life."

"When are you going to tell her?" Harvey inquires.

"Soon I hope! Ellie and I have just labeled our relationship and her son still thinks we're just friends, so once she tells him that things are okay, I will introduce them to the family. I think on one of our family nights so there's people to help diffuse any situations that might arise."