Chapter Seventeen

Daniel's POV

Daniel's POV

Ellie has no idea how gorgeous she is, and even less idea of how good she looks in a bikini. Her long hair is swirled into a bun and the forest green bikini accentuates her golden, sun-kissed skin.

How is this beautiful woman mine?

"Daniel," Noah shouts as he runs away from Ellie. "Help me."

"He can't save you," she yells.

She chases him across the riverbed and throws him over her shoulder. He wildly giggles and thrashes around, but she spins around before letting him slide down and into her arms. She kisses his cheek and he wraps his arms around her neck.

"I love you," she whispers, kissing his nose.

His hazel brown eyes shimmer with adoration.

"I love you, Mummy."

"We can go swimming later, but first we have to explore and find somewhere cool for a picnic."

"A picnic?"

"I packed ice cream."

"Ice cream?" He gasps.

Ellie places Noah on the ground and he runs ahead. She looks at me and holds her hand out and I take it and lace my fingers in between hers. While Noah's busy, I steal a kiss from Ellie which makes her giggle.

"Mummy," Noah screams.

"Noah?"

We race over to Noah and she yanks him off the ground and scans his body. She presses him against her chest and runs her fingers through his hair.

"What's wrong?"

"I hurt my knee."

She holds him to the side and looks at his knee which has a small red mark. Ellie kisses his knee, hen wipes the tears from his cheeks.

"You scared me," she comments.

"Sorry, Mummy."

"Are you okay?"

"I'll be okay in five minutes."

She looks at me and bites her lip to contain the laughter.

"Can you walk or do I need to carry you?"

Noah tests his knee and hisses like he's in pain, so she scoops him up and we continue along the riverbank. We find a secluded area and I place the esky down.

"Do you want to look for rocks?"

Noah perks up and nods his head.

She places Noah down and watches as he wanders along the river to collect stones. While he's occupied, I place my hands on her waist and rest my chin on her shoulder. I slide my hands across her stomach and she melts into my embrace.