Chapter Ten

The window frame croaks as Daniel shuffles it up and hops through, he's certainly getting much better at climbing through it

The window frame croaks as Daniel shuffles it up and hops through, he's certainly getting much better at climbing through it. I check the page number in the book before sliding it onto the side table and hopping out of bed.

He wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me up to peck my lips. His hand slides down the curve of my back and squeezes my bum. I hook my arm around his neck and steal another kiss. Daniel places his forehead against mine and sighs.

Daniel's muscles relax under my embrace, then I slide back down to the ground. His hands slide back to my hips and his thumbs rub over the soft material of my grey pajama shirt. His gentle touch sends tingles shooting up my spine.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I got caught up."

His vague answer has me curious about what held him up, but I don't dig for answers. Daniel is certainly not Craig.

"Oh." I frown. "It's okay, you're here now."

"Today went extra slow." He groans. "I was so excited to be back here with you."

"Welcome back." I grin.

Daniel looks over my shoulder and spies the laptop on the bed. His cheeky grin sparks some kind of desire in my sex-deprived body but I shake my head.

"Do you want to watch a tv show or movie?"

"What do you have in mind?"

"There are some options." I tangle my fingers together and smile. By options, I have one option in mind and I doubt he'd want to watch it.

"We can watch whatever you like." Daniel stifles a yawn.

"Really?" I gasp.

"I'll probably fall asleep ten minutes into it, so pick whatever you want."

"We're watching TVD and don't fall asleep too soon, I want to see which team you're on."

Daniel looks at me blankly and blinks his eyelids a couple of times.

"I have no idea what I've agreed to and I'm a little worried now." I chuckle which only deepens the frown lines on Daniel's face. It's true, he really has no idea what he's gotten himself into.

Daniel strips out of his clothes and we climb under the covers. He presses his chest against mine and hooks his leg over mine. I press play on The Vampire Diaries and the first episode begins. Daniel's hand slips under my t-shirt and rests on my hip. He strokes my hip with his thumb and the small gesture makes my heart soar.

We watch in silence until my phone pings. It's sitting on the side table out of reach. It pings again and I get the itch to check just in case it's something important. I wiggle up and grab my phone.

"Ew." I groan.

"What's wrong?" He laughs.

I flop onto the bed and roll onto my back.