Chapter Eleven

"Can I wear makeup too?" Noah asks

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Can I wear makeup too?" Noah asks.

Craig would through a fit if I let Noah turn up wearing makeup, but he doesn't know any different because he's grown up watching me apply makeup. I thought about skipping the makeup routine today, but after a night of tossing and turning, I need something to conceal the dark circles under my eyes.

I pass Noah a makeup brush and some translucent powder which is almost gone to play with while I finish applying my eyeshadow. He strokes the fluffy brush over his face and makes kissy faces in the mirror, which makes my heart melt. Also, is that how I look in the mirror when I'm applying makeup?

"Can you powder my face?" I ask.

Noah's eyes light up. I turn to him and close my eyes as he softly brushes powder on me. Once he's done, Noah upends the lipstick bag and they crash against the floor, rolling everywhere. I internally wince but watch as he flicks through the tubes. He picks a nude pink one and hands it to me.

"Thanks, baby."

Noah selects a bright red lipstick, but I hand him my clear lip balm and we put it on together. He makes funny faces and pokes his tongue out. I tickle his sides and he shrieks with laughter.

"You look great, Noah."

"You look like a princess, Mummy."

I squeeze him into a cuddle and run my fingers through his soft hair. Despite the rough moments I can't imagine not having the little man in my life!

"Are you ready to go and see Daddy for his birthday?"

"Yes." He nods.

"Do you need to go to the toilet before we leave?"

He ponders for a moment before running into my en suite. I pack some of the makeup away before standing up and adjusting my outfit. I tug the floral skirt down and twist it around so the seam line is hidden to the side.

When Noah emerges from the bathroom, we head to the living room and I slip on some shoes and grab my handbag while Noah picks up the present we bought this morning. It's been carefully wrapped in Car themed happy birthday wrapping paper and three stick-on bows because my child is just that extra when it comes to wrapping presents.

I wonder if Craig will notice the amount of love Noah put into this present.

"Let's go." I tug on a smile to hide how I really feel about his party.

* * * * *

Noah bounds up the driveway with the present in hand.

"Slow down, Noah, you might trip."

He knocks on the door just as I join him.

Craig's mid-conversation, but he stops talking when his hazel eyes lock on me. I tuck some hair behind my ear and rustle my fingers through Noah's hair.

If Falling Was Easyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें