Chapter Eighteen

"I think you spend more time here than your own house," I chuckle

Daniel slides his fingertips up the curve of my neck and into the back of my hair. He runs his fingers through my hair, then tugs on some strands and it sends a shiver coiling down my spine. Daniel presses his lips against my forehead and laughs.

"You're probably." He chuckles. "I might need more than my toothbrush here."

"Perhaps you can keep more of your things here. Noah really likes having you around and I was thinking about telling him about our relationship."

Daniel covers his lips with mine and his hands trail down my back and squeeze my ass. He tugs me onto his chest and I straddle his waist. I curl my fingers into his soft hair and deepen our kiss. His tongue dances against mine and heat pulls to my core.

I lean back to catch my breath and his lips trail down my neck and over my collarbone.

"We should get up soon," I say.

Daniel buries his face into the crook of my neck and his warm breath tickles. I squirm against him and fall onto the space beside him. Daniel rolls onto his side and cups my cheek.

"I'm excited to spend the day with you two."

"Don't forget about Craig." I roll my eyes.

Daniel kisses my nose, then my forehead.

"I just want us to all get along."

I melt under his touch but lean across to peck his lips.

"It's adorable and I like that quality about you."

"I also bought Noah a present for today."

"What did you get him?"

"You'll see." He grins.

My alarm buzzes and I groan.

"I should get dressed before I'm thrown out the window." He chuckles.

Daniel climbs out of bed and I admire the way his muscles move as he stretches his arms over his head. He grabs clothing from his backpack and tugs on the t-shirt, covering up his torso. I pull myself out of bed and wander over to the wardrobe. He catches my waist and spins me around. I reach up and peck his lips before stepping away.

I rummage through my underwear drawer and a pair of red undies drops on the floor. Daniel scoops them up and grins.

"Please wear these." He dangles the lacy pair in front of me.

I shove them back into the drawer and look away to hide the blush pooling on my cheeks. Those are cute underwear but very uncomfortable.

Daniel tugs on his pants while I wander into the bathroom to wash my face. He leans against the bathroom frame and watches me in the mirror. His work boots clonk against the tiles as he stands beside me. He places a hand on my waist and kisses the back of my head.