Chapter One

"We should do shots," Jordan shouts over the music

"Stop, that's a terrible idea." I shake my head.

"It's an amazing idea." Talia grins as she bobs to the music.

"Ellie, come on, we're out and having fun. Don't kill the vibe." Jordan pouts, but those brown puppy dog eyes don't work on me, never have.

"You two can have shots, but I'm not nineteen anymore and I have a three-year-old child to look after tomorrow. Unless you two will be up for babysitting?"

Jordan's eyes go wide and she quickly shakes her head. She's afraid of children and the responsibility of having to look after someone other than herself.

"I think that's the perfect reason for having a shot. You're always too busy to come out and it's my birthday, so we should be celebrating both things." She smirks.

"Fine, but only because it's your birthday."

Talia squeals and throws her hands in the air to celebrate. She links her arms through mine and Jordan's and leads us to the bar before I can back out of it. She leans over the wooden bar top and shouts something to the bartender.

The bartender lines the shot glasses up and pours a clear liquid into them.

"Six glasses? Why are there six glasses?" I gasp.

"There's two each because we're celebrating my birthday and the fact you're here with us."

I regret complaining now! Tomorrow's going to be rough with Noah running around the house making noise.

We clink glasses and I down the two shots and some of Talia's vodka orange juice to remove the tangy taste from my mouth.

Talia dances over to a free space near the speaker and swirls her blonde hair around. We're at a bar with no dancefloor but with Talia, she could make anywhere a dancefloor because she's truly the life of the party.

She raises her hands above her head and swivels her hips as she crouches down. Jordan joins Talia and smacks her butt which makes them both giggle.

"Ellie," Talia holds her hand out and I take it. She pulls me against her body before dropping low and running her hands over my body.

"There's somebody checking you out." Talia waggles her eyebrows, indicating there's somebody behind me. I wrap my arms around her neck and chuckle.

"I'm sure they're checking you out with all your cool dance moves."

"They're coming this way." She grins.

Talia fluffs her curly blonde hair and continues dancing. I awkwardly bob to the music because I don't know what else to do.

"Hey there," somebody shouts.

"Hi, I'm Talia, this is Jordan and Ellie." She hooks her arm around my waist and spins me around to face him. Our eyes meet and I drink in his appearance.