Chapter 37

After I ate Jenny's light breakfast, I tidied up myself before heading out. I made sure I hadn't spilled anything on my forest green dress shirt that were loosely tucked into my ripped jeans. I left a few buttons open since it was getting a little warmer outside.

I looked up to see Zane staring at me with dangerous eyes. "Do you really need to look so god damn sexy?"

"H-huh? This is my casual look," I said as pink crept up my face as he started towards e.

"I know, but you just look so beautiful. Even if I dressed you in rags you would be a sight for sore eyes." His hands rested peacefully on my hips as his lips grazed my ear. "But fortunately, you're for my eyes only, Love."

A short breath left my mouth and suddenly his hands felt too arousing and his lips too close to mine, but they hadn't moved at all. I wanted him to touch me more and my unfulfilled desire rose once again. He tilted his head to look at my face and smirked at the results before completely letting go of me and walking away. I dropped my jaw in disbelief as he went to put a light jacket and walked towards the door.

"You'll be late if you stall any longer you know," he said looking over his shoulder with a smirk and innocent eyes. I tried to breathe out my frustrations before pacing over to him.

"Fucking sadist," I mumbled under my breath as I walked past him and was greeted with a hard slap on my ass. "I heard that."

I hissed in pleasure at the pain of my stinging ass. I gave him a hard look and he only opened the door and gestured for me to go first. I huffed and walked over to the waiting car where Zane's bodyguard awaited us.

"Hello, Mr. Lawrence," I greeted as I climbed in the backseat with Zane close behind. I had only learnt of his name a couple days ago because I felt the need to thank him for helping me as well. I never had a reason to talk to him before, but now that I'd conversed with him a bit more, he seemed like an ok guy that anyone would be comfortable with. Although he had a look in his eyes that showed how guarded he was of people.

He looked at me in the rear view mirror and nodded and he said, "Hello, Mr. Lovell." He looked back at the road and started to drive us to a quiet cafe we had planned to meet at.

"Since when did you guys become so chummy?" Zane said with look on his face that was kinda childish, but cute.

"It's not like that, Zane. All I said was hello," i said as I tried to hide my giggle at his attitude.

"I didn't get a hello today," he said, fake pouting. And it was so cute, can't believe he would get jealous over something like this.

"Well, that was because..." I started, but stopped at the heated memory of this morning. I decided to do something else.

I took hold of his face and pecked him on the lips. "There, that's better right?" He looked at me with such emotion in his eyes that I couldn't look away from them. They weren't his usual dominating dark green eyes, but light and loving. And I couldn't help but return those emotions with my own golden ones. My face was hot as he stared at me, all of me, for who knows how long.

He suddenly grabbed my neck and kissed me, deep and sensual with love. I almost moaned in happiness and wrapped my arms around him but the car came to a sudden stop. I pulled away quickly in embarrassment as I remembered we were in the car, and with company.

"We're at your destination, Sir," Mr. Lawrence said, looking straight ahead. I looked out my window and sure enough, we were at the cafe. I glanced at Zane to see yet another wonderful smile dance on his lips.

It always amazes me how I continue life with someone as marvelous as him. He affects me in the most positive ways and we're always on the same wavelength. We know each other through and through by now and I have a closer, stronger bond with him than I have with anyone. But there was still some things that needed to be done alone.

"Right. Um, is it fine if I go in alone? It's just... I wanna try and understand more of what he has to say and I don't want him to feel pressured or anything," I explained. I would tell Zane all about it later anyways. But Danny's demeanor unnerved me a bit when I really looked at him. Even with my now minor grudges with him, I wanted him to have a peaceful atmosphere with just the two of us.

He looked in my eyes softly and nodded, as though he was expecting this. I still didn't want him to think I was leaving him out of anything in my life so I tried to explain more, but he just took hold of my hands and said, "I understand, Love. This is what you need, and you'll have it."

I blushed, but expressed my gratitude with a short kiss. He deepened it though, snaking his tongue in my mouth and making me lose breath. He bit my lip harshly before pulling away and and looking me seriously in the eyes. "I'll be in the car though, waiting. I'm right here for anything, okay?"

"Yes, I know."

"Good. You should head in before you become later than you already are." Crap! I looked at the time and I wasn't even 10 minutes late. I gazed over at Zane with an unamused look as he just smirked and opened my door for me. "Can't have my love late, now hurry. I love you."

"I love you too." I shook my head with a disbelieving smile as I was ushered out the car. I felt his eyes on me the whole time as I got to the cafe doors.

It really was nice and quiet. It gave off the basic cafe atmosphere, lots of browns, whites, and greens. I hadn't really been to a cafe before, believe it or not, so the interior was new to me. There were only a few people here, so as my curious gaze gazed around, I found Danny sitting in a corner by a window, sipping a latte.

I greeted him and he gave a small smile, as if he was disbelieving of me actually being here. I sat down and immediately ordered some cookies for my frail looking sibling.

It was a bit awkward at first, but the conversation gradually slid into its own pace and before I knew it, we were branching off and talking about other stuff as well.

"It's nice you have someone you trust so much, I'm very happy for you," Danny said in response to one of our off-topics. I nodded as I took a sip from my matcha frappe. Danny was way more open and talkative than you would think, defenseless but protective. "I bet you haven't even had a fight with him. You guys seem like a married couple."

I was completely shocked at that statement, so much so that I sputtered my frappe and felt heat on my face. He quickly handed me a napkin so I could clean myself up. "Sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have said that."

"No, no it's fine. Thanks for the, um, compliment," I assured. I peered over at Zane's car as I dabbed the liquid off. I couldn't see him since the windows were tinted though. I really hope he didn't see that. "Anyway, what about you? Do you have someone your interested in?"

He looked at me as if he was confused I would even ask him that question. But he shook his head no and said," I have no need for those kinds relationships, I don't think I'd want to be in one again. Beside, I don't think anyone would want a bag of bones. The only thing going for me is my height," he joked, but I could see his insecurities were deep.

"Well I say that if they don't accept you the way you are then they can fuck off. And you're not bad looking. But hey, you do need to eat a bit more. Here, have another cookie."

"Thanks," he laughed and picked up another cookie. I also let out a small chuckle. I had gotten closer to my brother in less than a day, although it felt like a couple of months. It would take a bit to reconnect from the years of not knowing each other, but I felt like that could be mended by simply spending more time with him.

"I guess it's time for you to go," Danny said. Huh? What did he mean? I looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"What..." I started, but I felt someone approach behind me. My anxiety rose just as my heartbeat as I quickly span around to see Zane. I let out a quiet, shaky breath as I fixed my composure. I so anxious for no reason, it was just Zane. I calmed myself down, but Zane caught every bit of what I was trying to hide.