Chapter 26

Zane POV

Haa, it seemed like work was just piling up more and more. The company was partnering with another company and we had to prepare. Everyone had a bit more work to do, but I, as the CEO, have most of it.

I wouldn't pass it down to my secretaries or directors because I wanted everything perfect and in order. I loved my job, ever since it had been passed onto me and even before that. I would make sure the company is stable and still heading up the track to success. Besides, we couldn't afford to mess this up. The partnering company was real strict and it had taken me a bit of convincing to enter into contract with them. It was a good deal and it would boost our business faster.

With all the work I had piled up like a dinner plate, I don't think of get off work until late. Better text Kade so he doesn't have to wait.

Me: Hey, Love. How's work?

Kade: Hey, it's fine ig. More than usual, but it's to be expected. You?

Me: Lots of work, probably won't be home till late. You can go ahead without me. Just tell my driver.

Kade: ok, don't work too hard. I expect you home by 10, no later. I'll have dinner ready by then

Me: Thanks, Love. But I really should be doing the ordering around here, you might just get a punishment for that yk

Kade: Hehe. I'll be waiting. Love you

Me: Love you too

It was around 1 o'clock now, I should hurry and get this work done so I can see my adorable Kade. I was already missing him, as I always did when we were apart. No matter how far, I always longed for him to be in my immediate possession. I didn't really like others touching him, but I knew we had our own things to do and that it was kinda selfish, so I didn't really act on it. To a point, at least.

Jade POV

I waited for Kade outside the building, as I thought it was best to warn him after work for a multiple of reasons. I didn't want him to get upset at work and I wanted some privacy, as well as other things. I couldn't risk being caught by 'him' either. I needed to tell Kade ASAP.

I waited for a bit more and I saw Kade walk out the building, finally. I got up from the bench I was sitting on and walked toward the car he was heading to. I didn't get far though. Someone quickly smushed some cloth over my face and pulled me into a car. I struggled and thrashed the best I could and tried to get an eye at the perpetrator, even though I already had a suspicion. My instinct was correct as I looked up at him.

"You thought you could get away? I knew exactly what you where thinking the moment we had that discussion. You were thinking of betraying me, and I won't stand for it," he fumed with wild eyes. He must've been of his meds. Literally. He must've not taken them since a couple weeks ago. He was never this rough, especially with me of all people. He needed to be treated.

I still cared for him, deep down I knew he wasn't a bad guy, I don't think he was. He was just gravely misunderstood. I tried to help him in the beginning, but now... now it was different.

"You won't run away from me," he was certain. And I was too.

I knew I couldn't.

I wouldn't.

I cared for him too much. Maybe even loved him, in the beginning. I stopped struggling and gave myself away to him. I couldn't resist him. I needed to, but I would just follow his lead. It was all going in the same direction anyway, there was no way to get out of this. Even if I tried.

Wherever the path takes you, right? Right.

Kade POV

I looked out the car window, alone. It always seemed lonely when Zane wasn't by my side now. But he would be coming home later, so that cheered me up a bit. Lately, it's been seeming like I'm becoming more and more dependent on Zane. It makes me a little sad when we have to part ways, even if we're in the same building. My mind constantly drifts to thoughts about Zane. So much that I'd even been called out for 'daydreaming' during a meeting. The effect he has on me is like no other.