Chapter 29

Jackson POV

I did it. I finally did it. After 4 long months, I finally did it.

I made Kade Lovell mine.

Well, almost mine. But it didn't matter, all of his delectable self would belong to me soon. Out of all the people I've seen, he's the most beautiful. He's so bright and lovely and like a warm sunny day, he pulls you in with his soft and vivid aroma, subtly asking for someone to be with. And I decided I would be the lone person in his life to accompany him, he wouldn't want anyone other than me. He couldn't have anyone other than me.

And that's why I'm in this dating situation. I have to kill someone that's interfering in our relationship, someone who budged their way in. A fly, no, a disgusting little pest. But it would be fine soon. Doing this will prove to Kade how loyal I am, I would do anything just for him. My one and only.

After this, we could finally leave this dreadful, awful world and go to our own, lovely one. Filled with green grass, plentiful flowers, and a beautiful house, a world where only we could live. I'm tired of questioning myself and my feelings, and I no longer have to, with Kade by my side. He made me realize the person I need to be, a person I didn't know resided in me.

Besides, it was different with Kade. No ones made me feel so alive and light-hearted before...I think, I can't remember well. But I know he's the person for me, my savior from this dirty world covered with the everlasting scum residing in it.

My eyes dejected from the road just thinking about it, but alerted again when I heard a notification from my phone. And that only meant one thing.

I angrily skirted back around as I made a U-turn and started to speed. There were sounds of honks and tires screeching, but I muffled them all out. My darling was in great trouble. That son of a bitch broke into my cabin, and he would regret doing so. I was so furious I could've exploded. But I had to keep my head on. I tried breathing calmly, but it didn't change anything, I would blow his brains out and enjoy the feeling of possessing Kade entirely. All I saw was red as I shoved the pedal further.

I would save my darling from that vile bastard and claim Kade as my own.

Kade POV

My heart beat rapped as the door opens slightly, my eyes shutting instinctively from the fear of seeing something I didn't want to. Jade just sat there not even caring, with depression surrounding the air around her. I felt bad for her, but I was too worried about myself, after all I'm his target.

The door creaked more as it opened fully and I heard quick footsteps rush over in my direction.

"Love," he said. I froze, squeezing my eyes even tighter. Was this an illusion? Had I already reached the point of delusion? No. I wasn't there yet. Was it really him? My love?

"Love, it's me," he knelt and wrapped his arms around me as tears started spilling from my wide eyes. I leaned into my only love and relief flooded throughout me at the realization that Jackson hadn't gotten to him and committed something awful...

We stayed embracing each other, my head digging deep into his shoulder as I felt the need to wrap my still binded arms around him.

"Z-Zane," I said as I pulled back and looked into his eyes as I quietly communicated my thoughts. He immediately reached for the ropes that tied me down with a dark look in his eyes as he saw the dark bruises from me tugging onto he rope.

I opened my mouth to ask him to untie Jade as well but I was stunned to see a familiar person uniting her already. His back was to me, so I couldn't quite make it out, but I had definitely seen him before.

"Who's that?" I asked Zane but before he could answer the person turnt around with a gloomy Jade. We looked into each other's eyes and memories of the past rose within me. My face turned cold and stony as I asked, "Why is he here?"

Danny's eyes filled with regret and sadness and something else I couldn't understand as he looked away from me, his eyes darting around the room. "I, I, um. It's because..."

Seriously!? He couldn't even give a proper explanation? How'd he even get here? I thought he would be off somewhere, enjoying his best fucking life while I was suffering under his wrath all these years.

"Please, Love, give him time to explain his actions. He was the one who helped me find you, after all." Zane said with nothing but love and truth in his eyes as he finished un-tying me. I looked at him with wide eyes in surprise that he was taking his side after everything I had told him! But the look in his eyes told me there was something I didn't know, something that was hidden from me. "Let's leave this subject for after we get out of here all safe, okay, Love?" He said as looked up into my eyes with his powerful dark ones that soothed me and told me everything was alright.

I nodded reluctantly as the frustration died down, but didn't leave, as I stood up from the uncomfortable chair. I had a bad feeling about all this, something wasn't right. Danny barely managed to get Jade to her feet. They walked out of the first and I went to follow, but Zane twisted his arms around me and pulled me up so that he was carrying me in a bridal fashion. I snugged into my favorite deep crevice of his neck and breathed in his calming scent and then out, allowing the overwhelming events to subside.

I was with Zane, my one and only love for the rest of my life, now.

We got to the car and he sat me down in the backseat along side Jade, with Kade going to sit in the front with the driver. He was still very much suspicious to me and I couldn't bring myself to trust him one bit. I looked around before Zane had gotten in the car just to make sure nothing was happening. Something was definitely off. I didn't want to be the one to bring more uncertainty, so I dismissed it.

But Zane already had me figured out. "There's nothing wrong, Love," he said and to prove he took a few steps back to study our dark surroundings. "We're ok. There's nothi-" "Zane!"

I yelped as I spotted a dark figure coming up from the shadows and move quickly behind him.