15

Once i parked my bike by Wills I opened the door and Joyce was sitting on the couch with Johnathan comforting her, well this is a new sight to see. Joyce hopped up and ran over to me, "where have you been? I told you 8pm" she said, it was now 8:11. "I'm sorry I was at robins and we got busy on uh something and I wasn't paying attention to the time" I explained and she looked at me before looking back at Johnathan, he gave her a look.

"Ok this one time and...and since you were safe. But how did you get home?" She asked and I mentally noted to thank johnathan later, "i bought a bike, it's by wills outside" I informed her. She nodded before brushing her hair back, "ok well Y/n just know I care about you, ok? We're family and I want to protect you because Hawkins isn't like Indianapolis" she told me, I nodded. "I know" I told her looking her in the eyes then in Johnathans, "I'm sorry about bob and billy by the way".

I walked past them to my room and sat down on my bed, feeling myself wanting to cry. I didn't know why but I did. Lonnie never cared for me like that and he never let me go that easily. He's punch me or just ignore me as I walked by, he never stayed up worried and waited for an explanation when I got home, when I did that I'd end up getting a piece of his mind then sent to my room.

I laid down and set my head on top of my pillow and tried to think of robin to stop the tears but they started anyways. A few minutes later a knock was on my door. I wiped my eyes before going over and opening it, "hey sweetie can I talk to you" Joyce asked and I instantly let her in, "sure". She walked over and sat down on my bed and I sat down right next to her.

"I wanted to ask since you know about Hawkins, do you know about Robin" she asked and I immediately knew where this was going, "yeah I do". She nodded then asked me, "are you dating robin". I felt my breath catch in my throat and I started coughing, "no, we uh we kissed but that's it. We aren't dating" I assured her and she nodded, "listen I don't care if you date a girl or a boy I just want to make sure you're safe and know who you're dating. I know everything about will and Johnathan" she explained.

"I have two questions. Do you know everything about johnathan and will" I asked and she knew what I was talking about, "yes I know the weed and yes I'm pretty convinced he's in love with Mike too" she replied causing me to laugh hysterically, "you have a thing for gay kids Joyce" I told her earning a laugh myself.

She eventually left leaving me to fall asleep, and I as I fell asleep I remembered I forgot to tell her I got a job...I'll tell tomorrow.