10

RobinsPov

As we walked down the hallway back to our 6th period the bell rung for pre dismissal. Y/n and I looked at eachother before darting down the halls and into our pod. As I approached the classroom, y/n sped up out of nowhere and set her hand on the door first, "how are you so good at running". She smiled and shrugged before opening the door and everyone turning their heads except Tommy of course. That's when I remembered what Y/n said about her type and a small blush formed across my face.

"Why are you blushing" she asked and I just shook my head before grabbing my bag and following the rest to line up. "Ok so usually I go behind the school and down to the band hall so Steve just knows where to pick me up when I do have band hall and I get extra steps in" I explained while kicking my feet forward dramatically. Y/n laughed before rolling her eyes, "you sound like my dad. He use to always walk abunch and make jokes about how fit he is".

Her smile faded into a soft one as she remembered her past memories then concluded "I guess that's where I got my killer punch from". I nodded and laughed while wrapping my arm around her shoulders, "yeah killer to the perv and the little fingers". She scoffed at my words and held her fingers close, "are you calling my fingers tiny". "Well yeah I kinda just said that" I replied before I heard a voice so recognizable say from afar, "hurry up love birds I have to be back at work in 20 minutes".

We both ran to the car, Y/n winning again. "Why are you so fast" I asked once again warning I shrug, "don't know. I've just done a lot of running.....from the cops" she finished the last with a whisper but I heard it. I nodded and smiled, "you'll have to let me join you sometime" I asked and she nodded, "if you can keep up". Steve looked back at me but kept his mouth shut, see we both know that I've ran from the cops multiple times from past events but she dosent, just not yet.

As we drove to work Steve noticed Y/n hand and started asking questions. "This kid with a large amount of freckles started asking to fuck me and I told him he's not my type, he can't change that, and I don't even know his name" Y/n explained, "I ended up punching him with my thumb inside my fingers instead of on the outside and I guess I cracked them on the force. They'll be healed in like 7 weeks if I treat it right but won't be able to punch someone for another 5 months".

I looked at Steve and smiled before looking back at Y/n, "see so she's fine". Y/n set down her hand on the middle seat and I wanted to say badly hold it. I placed my hand right beside hers and decided I'd wait to see if she'd do something. A few minutes passed before I felt a light touch on my pinky. I glanced down and moved my pinky onto her, and now we're making a pinky promise. This has gotten weird but I like the touch even if it was small so I kept it.

As we pulled into the parking lot Steve flipped his hair before turning off the car and getting out. I removed my hand from hers before grabbing my stuff and going inside, Y/n followed behind me. Steve took her in the back to show her the back room and restroom then showed her a place in the back where no one can see, smell, or hear you so it's the perfect spot for lots of different activities.

Once they were back Steve let Y/n look around at the movies to get a feel of where things are then showed her how to look up peoples names on the computer and the history of what they've rented in the past year and how long they had or have had it. Once she was done, I emailed the manager and he said it was fine and he'd add her to the pay role. I gave her a family video jacket and a few pins and she was all set.