12

"What robin" she asked while looking down at our hands, she stared a little to long. "What are you gonna do about Tommy" I asked, her not letting me let go, "nothing. If people believe that bastard then they can, all my friends know me and as long as you and the rest know that I didn't sleep with him then who cares about that freckle face".

I stood there for a second then nodded, "yeah you're right. But if he ever touches you gain let me break a few fingers this time" I demanded causing her to laugh, "yeah sure I will". I looked up at her eyes and noticed she was staring back, her eyes were rested on my lips. I was stuck between 'she's not gay', and 'KISS HER'. A few seconds later I glimpsed down at hers....then we started leaning in....and, "Y/N SOMEONES ON THE PHONE FOR YOU".

I darted my eyes back to hers and she smiled before leaving, quickly. Once she left the room I laughed at myself, I'm such an idiot to think I could get that lucky. I followed behind her and watched as Steve left before I stood around the corner and listened, clearly in view so no spying. She picked up the phone and waited a minute before she said, "why are you calling me".

"How'd you even get my number? Oh are we investigating now" she asked two in one and she shook her head at the other persons response, "yeah I did move.....yes it's better than there, i hated it there with all the assholes. Except there's still some here". I nodded and smiled, starting to pick at my nails wondering who it was.

She waited a few minutes before laughing and interrupting the other person, "no no no we didn't date. I kissed you and you bitched out saying how you weren't gay but I'm starting to not believe that". I covered my mouth and swiftly went around the corner, out of plain sight but still in ear shot, my hand still over my mouth. "Well I'm sorry I put an act on feelings Natasha and no I don't have that hoodie actually I have one of Derek's. It smells like cats" she replied before laughing.

I wondered who Derek was while Y/n talked again, "well nat I'm in fucking Hawkins now and I don't have any feelings towards you"...."What n-no no there's not anyone else. No one here is gay except for this dude I'm friends with but he's not even out". I laughed, obviously knowing it was will, then waited for another response, "tell Derek I said hi and don't call this number ever again" she demanded.

I waited a few minutes then heard her whisper, "bye Natasha. I love you too" then she hung up the phone. I quickly walked back to the front and grabbed a rag and spray bottle quickly cleaning. "Robin why a-" I reached over the counter and covered his mouth with the rag, "I'm. Cleaning. And I have been for the past 4 minutes" I told him, he nodded as I set my rag down on the table and Y/n walked back in.

"So how much longer are we here for" she asked, "40 minutes" I replied before Steve could open his mouth. "Ok so Does Steve take us home or do I need to buy a bike" she asked while going back to sweeping, "I still need to sneeze". "It depends. Are you still going by robins or are you going home" Steve asked, lifting up a box of old movies that they managed didn't want anymore.

Y/n did not waste a second before saying, "robins". I held back my smile as Steve nodded, "alright I'll take y'all to robins then you can figure out from there". Steve was just about to go into the back when Y/n asked "actually could you take me by the bike store, I'm gonna buy a bike before going to robins" and Steve nodded, "uh yeah sure".

She smiled slightly before handing me the duster, "can you put that back behind the counter" she asked and I nodded, "when you get to my house I wanna ask you about someone". She looked in between my eye before nodding, "yeah alright".