Explaining things

(Jacob)

It was now time to head back home, which I was happy about. During my time here at the red forest pack, I would say I didn't have any problems with them. At first, I hated the idea of Arlo's family always interfering in our lives, but I learned to deal with it and let it go because it's something that would never change.

It's because of their love for my mate that they were sacrificing so much, and I could see how spoiled and loved him for who he is. We did have a lot of work cut out for us. It wasn't going to be all fun and games going forward.

We will soon be faced with plenty of trials, and I hope that Arlo doesn't get hurt in the process. Even with being immortal, I still had to watch him, to make sure he's ok. Midnight growled at the thought of his mate getting hurt, and I could tell how pissed off he was.

I was the same as well. If anyone ever lay their filthy hands on my kitten, let's just say that person would wish he or she were never born.

“Ok, listen up, everyone! Since it's so many of you, those who want to run back can do so. Benjamin will be with you to give you directions while I go with the others who are traveling by car.” They all nodded their heads, and I watched as those without pups shifted while those with pups opted for traveling by car.

I was now seated in the same car I came here in, but this time I was traveling with my mate. My parents were right, I did meet my mate here, and I was finally able to relax after such a long search. He was now sitting on my lap while Micah sat on Landon's lap, so we could make space for others.

Micah looked like he didn't enjoy the position he was in, and I could see him squirming now and then to try to get away from Landon, who only held him closer.

I shook my head and focused on Arlo, who seemed like he was ready to fall asleep. I brushed his white hair off his forehead and kissed him on his forehead, reveling in the feeling of finally being able to move on.

A couple of hours later, we arrived at my pack, and I was now showing them where they would be staying. It's a lucky thing I had enough room, or we would be looking to build more.

We have two large mansions here. One was for my pack house while we have smaller houses for mated couples who didn't want to live at the pack house. The other mansion was going to go to them, so they could use that as a pack house.

I don't even know how this was going to work, but we'd have to make it work for everyone's sake. After getting them settled down, I took Arlo to my room, so he could get some rest.

His family was debating on where he should stay, but they finally came to an agreement that he should have been with me since I was his mate.

I excused myself, so I could go and catch up with my gamma and delta about what I'd miss out on. They are both identical twins, Cale and Connor, who are twenty-four years old.

They have been my friends for quite some time before I handed them the title. Their parents died of a rogue attack three years ago, leaving them behind. I felt sorry for them, so I wanted to make sure they were ok.

Once I called them into the office, they arrived in time, so we started talking about random things.

“Ok, so we heard of a pack called the half-moon pack not too far from here, the alpha and Luna there are mistreating their members. We wanted you to check it out, so you could choose whether to demote the alpha and hand the title over to someone else who's worthy of it, or have them move here. I doubt that the second suggestion can work, seeing how many people have arrived here today already.” I agreed with cale because the space was limited at the time.

“There's a member here from the dark shadow pack who was also mistreated. I want you to find me the location of this pack because this person is important to me and my parents, and he too was abused by them.” They nodded their heads in understanding.

“And also the elders intend to visit tomorrow. We had to tell them about the merging of both packs, and they seemed astonished about it. They wanted to come and check it out themselves to see how this would work.” Connor replied, and I thanked him. The elders were some nosy fucks, I get that it was their job, but they should mind their own business sometimes.

“Anything else?” I asked and they nodded their heads.

“There are no rogue sightings currently, things have been relatively quiet so far. We have upped our training to make sure everyone is prepared for anything.” Cale said and I nodded my head.

“There's also something else I would like to discuss with you.” Connor said while looking at Cale.

“Go ahead and tell him.” Cale nodded his head and started talking.

“So while we were training, I received a few punches and even though I did feel them and got bruised, they faded within seconds of receiving them, which would usually take time to heal. Everyone there was freaking out because of this new change, so I thought maybe something had happened that we didn't know about.” I narrowed my eyes at him as I listened to what he was saying. This couldn't be, was it because I mated and marked Arlo why they were suddenly experiencing this?

It was not only Arlo and his pack who were now immortal, but also them? I didn't tell them about it, not even my gifts.

Only my parents knew about them, so I could see where this was strange for them. Maybe it was time I told them and stop keeping them in the dark. I didn't know how they would take it, but I hope that it would turn out ok.

So I started explaining things to the twins, telling them about my gifts as well. I saw their eyes widen as they took in what I was saying. It was new to them, being immortal was no joke. I could see the fear in their eyes, but I could also see the relief.

I guess it was long overdue to tell them since they were my pack and I should have trusted them, plus I had Arlo to train as well.

After we were done talking, I decided to talk to my pack members, letting them know what was happening. They didn't like that I was keeping them in the dark, but at least they understand why.

I sighed and made my way back to my room, so I could catch up on some sleep. We've only just arrived, and I already had countless things to do. I had other packs to go to, to check out and make sure everything was alright.

I still needed to go to Malachi's pack because I had this feeling that something was wrong there, and I wanted to check it out soon. At least things were different now, and it was good to see that everyone was still on my side.