Bad feeling

(Arlo)

I was slowly getting used to being in a different pack on different pack land. It wasn't the same as before, even though everyone was here that I knew. I couldn't help but thank my family for being there for me constantly as I kept worrying about not being welcomed here. Over the weeks, I tried to get to know everyone better, but something was off, or maybe I was the one thinking like that. Who knows?

Micah and I couldn't pull any more pranks because we were both skeptical around them. I sighed as I made my way downstairs, only to be stopped by a She-wolf here who was mateless. At least, that's what Jacob told me, since he warned me to stay away from her.

“Hi, Mandy, right?” I asked, and she looked at me with scorn.

“The name is Samantha. Get that through your head.” I nodded because I wasn't sure why she was talking to me in the first place.

“I don't even see it. You're like a dwarf, one of those characters in Snow White.” I glared at her, and she chuckled while looking at me from head to toe.

“And that glare of yours, boy, please don't ever look at anyone like that again.” I rolled my eyes because I already knew that my glare wasn't deadly, since I'd been told that over and over.

“What do you want?” I asked as I folded my arms and waited for her reply, since she was taking her sweet time throwing insults at me.

“I would say Jacob, but you already have him, so it's my loss. But isn't he big, though? Too big if you ask me, and he certainly knows how to use his dick too.” I looked at her with disgust, and snow started growling, begging me to let him out, so he can go ninja on her.

“Listen, midge, and listen, good. Stay away from me and my mate. I don't know you and quite frankly, I don't want to know you. I've heard rumors about you and how you like to open your legs for the unmated men here. I'm sure that Jacob wouldn't look at you twice, so get your filthy mind off him and don't get your hopes up on trying to be Luna because I'm the Luna here whether you like it or not.” I pushed past her as I was too pissed off to even be next to her.

I was in a bad mood all day because Jacob had to leave to go to this pack to check things out and wouldn't be back until tomorrow.

The Elders were even treating me like a baby when they came to visit! I've had enough of it! They cooed and awed at me every time I'm in their presence, if they weren't relevant, I would have told them to go and jump in a big hole, if you get what I mean.

'You're like an angry kitten, I like it.' Snow said, and I chuckled as I felt my mood lifting.

'Want to go for a run?' I asked, and he replied with a yes. I ran outside and shifted into my wolf form, then started running, but only where I'm allowed to go. I ran and ran, enjoying the fact that I wasn't even tried at all.

I covered most of the grounds by the time I was done, but I didn't want to stay too long, so I returned to the pack house before anyone knew I was missing. I mind link Micah to bring some new clothes for me, which he did, so when I shifted I put them on and sighed.

“What's wrong?” Micah asked, and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Gloria is getting on my nerves right now.” He looked at me confused because he didn't know who this Gloria was. I'm not good with names, so do you blame me for saying a different one? At least I didn't call her anything else that I'm sure if it was up to Micah, he would have some names for her that I can't even repeat.

“Blonde chick going around acting like she's all that.” He chuckled and nodded his head as he figured out who I was talking about.

“She was after Landon too, wanted to get a high position in the pack since He's the beta here. Honestly, why waste time chasing after someone unavailable?” I looked at him with a smirk on my face as I couldn't believe this was my best friend who was standing here defending his mate.

He saw the look on my face and blushed while looking down.

“W-what, I just thought that I should stop fighting him and try to work things out with him. At least that's a start, right?” I nodded my head and pretended to cry while I patted his shoulder.

“My best friend is growing up in front of my eyes, I can't believe you've finally decided to….” I didn't finish what I was going to say as I felt like I was about to vomit. I ran towards the bush and started puking up my guts. My throat was burning, and I felt like I had something latched on to my stomach that didn't want to come up.

Micah was freaking out, calling for my brothers with such a high-pitched tone. If I wasn't puking right now, I would have told him to shut up.

Shortly after, I heard footsteps running toward me, and a hand was rubbing my back while asking me to let it all out, which I did. After I was done, I looked up with teary eyes to see that it was Damon who was rubbing my back and cringed so hard from the taste that was in my mouth.

I couldn't even talk because I'm sure my breath smelt bad, so I sent him a mind and told him that I wanted to wash my mouth out, to which he nodded in return and picked me up.

“I already called Dr. Carlyle to come and take a look at you. He's kind of busy now, but he'll be here shortly. I'll just have someone bring some ginger ale for you to drink.” I only nodded my head weakly as I felt like another wave of nausea was about to hit me. What the hell is wrong with me?