Secret remedy

(Jacob)

“What the hell!?” I shouted at this Marcus person who took a step back, seeing how mad I am right now.

“What did I do wrong? You should try some too, it will help you get over being so cranky.” I took a threatening step towards him, changing my eye color to midnight's own, which can be scary as hell.

“Uh well this was uh fun, but I think I need to head home. Manny must be wondering where I am by now. Take care cuz, see you later, dude. Remember, you both can stop by for some more smoking anytime you want.” He ran out the door as fast as he could, and I looked at Arlo, who was shrinking into himself while Micah's eyes widened, and it looked like he wanted to run.

“I'm not even going to ask what that was about, as I already knew the answer to that.” Landon said to Micah, who was looking everywhere but at him.

“Do you guys know what type of brownie that is?” I asked, and they shook their heads.

“Dammit! Why do you two always have to act like children! They are weed brownies. They will kick in around half an hour or two. You are so going to get punished for that.” I growled at Arlo, who flinched.

“You can't punish me for something I didn't know about!” He shouted while glaring at me. If he thought he was looking tough, he was mistaken.

“I should have guessed that Jacob, please leave Arlo alone. I'm sorry, I'm the one to blame. My cousin is a bit of a stoner. He's always high, so I really should have seen this coming.” Micah said while hanging his head down. I sighed and shook my head.

“I'm not placing blame on anyone, I just thought that the two of you were old enough to know these things, but I guess I was wrong.” I don't know what's wrong with me. Why was I so quick to cave whenever it comes to Arlo or Micah?

“What are we going to do?” Landon asked while holding Micah, who was resisting at first but stopped.

“I'm going to concoct a remedy. Wait here.” I replied, and he nodded his head. A couple of minutes later, I was done with my remedy, already seeing the effects of the brownies setting in as those two idiots were laughing at nothing. I could tell Landon was stressing out, so I hope that this works, so they can get back to normal soon.

“Here, drink this.” I said, placing the glasses in front of Arlo and Micah, who were looking at them with disgust.

“W-what's in it?” Arlo asked as he started hiccuping.

“Nothing for you to worry about now, drink.” I didn't want to do this. Knowing his brothers were here, I would rather not deal with them. It's a good thing they all retired to their rooms, or they wouldn't let Arlo out of their sights for even a second.

“What the flying fart in space is this shit?” Micah shouted, and I almost laughed at the look on his face.

“That's what you get for being stupid.” Landon replied while growling at him. I shook my head and sent him a mind link, telling him to calm down. He was still in hot waters with Micah, so he should have been trying to win his mate over.

“I expect the both of you to drink it all. It's going to make you sleepy, so when you're done, you can go to bed.” They did what I said, and I picked Arlo up and started walking towards my bedroom. Once there, I set him down on the bed and watched as he started crawling up to the pillows.

“Uh, I don't feel too good, Jakey.” Jakey? He has never given me a nickname before, so he chose to give me one now when he's on the verge of getting high?

“Just lie there, I will make sure you're comfortable, so you can get some sleep.” He only groaned, not having the strength to answer me. This was one of my special remedies, I got the ingredients from a witch who was my master before. She left months ago, and I haven't seen her since. I also got spells from her to hinder a healing process. That's why when I first spanked Arlo, he took so long to heal.

After he fell asleep, I took his shoes and socks off, then his pants and shirt, so I could get him comfortable in his pajamas. He was going to be out for hours, just to make sure he was cured of this. When I was done, I took a shower and brushed my teeth, then got in bed next to him after I put my boxers on. I shook my head as I couldn't believe I had such a childish mate, one who's always putting himself in danger. It's a good thing I had befriended that witch, or I wouldn't have been able to cure him and Micah. I fell asleep as I felt the stress of the day taking a toll on my body, Arlo was right. I couldn't punish him this time, but I promise I will the next time he does something stupid like this, and believe me, there will be other times. A couple of hours later, I woke up. I was feeling a bit hungry, so I made my way downstairs to get something to eat. I saw Damon there, and when he saw me, he started scowling.

“I take it you figured out what had happened?” I asked, and he nodded his head.

“I don't even know what to do anymore. Arlo is showing no sign of changing. I'm the only one who knows because snow made me promise him not to tell the others.” I nodded my head as I could see how worried he was.

“He's going to be alright once he wakes up, I gave him the cure, so there's nothing to worry about.” His mouth fell open, and he started laughing.

“Cure? There are no cures for that. You can drink some lemon juice, tea, or water to lessen the effects, but I haven't heard of any cures before.” I smirked at him but didn't answer because I wanted to make a fool out of him when Arlo and Micah woke up. Who's the smart one now?