Serious conversation

(Jacob)

“ But dad, what do you think I should do? I thought that this would be easy, but they are always getting in my way with Arlo! Dammit, I found my mate, and I can't even get one good hour with him without his family always there watching us like a hawk.” I replied, feeling frustrated as hell. I didn't even know what to do anymore, I was fed up with the way things were and wanted to find a way to be with my mate without any worries.

“ But it's different, isn't it? Usually, we would hear of omegas being mistreated, and some were even banished as innocent as they are. Makes me feel like building a pack that only caters to omegas that were abused, but I'm getting off-topic here. There will come a time when they can't make you stay away from him for too long, son.” Dad replied, and mom nodded her head.

“ The full moon is coming up, which means he's scheduled to get his heat anytime soon. You have to mate and mark him before the full moon, son.” Mom replied, and my eyes became wide.

“ I can't believe I completely forgot about that! Shit, what am I going to do? He's only seventeen years old, so I'm uncertain if he's ready for that, even though he's been talking about us not kissing as yet.” I said, and dad shrugged his shoulders while mom looked down.

“ We could stay here for as long as you want and try to come up with ways of being able to leave with Arlo. I'm sure your delta and gamma won't mind the extra work that's coming for them.” I thanked them and left their room so that they could get some rest, then made my way towards my room so I could check on Arlo. When I got there, as usual, his brothers were there fussing over him, which had midnight growling in frustration.

“ Could you all kindly get out of my room?” I asked, and they looked at me with wide eyes before hightailing it out of here. I chuckled at the scared look on their faces but stopped when I saw the look on Arlo's face.

“ What?” I asked innocently as I got in bed next to him.

“ You know my brothers would have been killed for sending them to no man's land, and in the future, can you kindly leave them the hell alone?” He snapped at me, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

“ And in the future, can you kindly tell them to stop invading in our space so that I can get to spend some time with you?” I retorted, and he rolled his eyes.

“ What if I had lost all of them, then what?” I chuckled and pulled him close to me.

“ Nothing would have happened, love, for I used a protective spell on them. What I did was more to teach them a lesson, and I can see that it paid off.” He scoffed and folded his arms.

“ What about my ass? What did you use on it? why Snow can't heal me?” I sighed and went to check it, but he slapped my hand away instead.

“ I'm not going to tell you what I did, but I can heal it for you.” I replied, and he nodded his head, so I got started. Once I was finished, I got ready to have a serious conversation.

“ Arlo, I have something to talk to you about, and I want you to take your time and think about it.” He nodded his head, and I continued.

“ There is a full moon coming up, and that means your heat is near. We have to mate and mark each other before the full moon, or you'll feel a lot of pain from your heat if you don't.” His eyes were wide as he took in everything I was saying.

“ I wanted to wait until you were at least eighteen, but my parents had to remind me about your heat, and now it's not something that we can just put off.” He nodded his head and sighed.

“ I know that's why I'm ready to mate with you, I don't even know why you're so hesitant about it. At my high school, I've overheard some humans saying they lost their virginity at twelve and thirteen, one boy even said ten I don't even know how that's possible since the person who did it should have been arrested. Another one said sixteen, but who am I to care? All I know is I'm ready, and it's legal since it's something that we can't avoid.” He was whispering the last part like someone was going to hear him.

I chuckled because I've already known of people losing their virginity at young ages, but I only wanted him to be sure first.

“ That's good to know love now. I don't have to worry. I will have to think of something special because losing your virginity isn't a joke. It's serious business.” I said, and he nodded his head while moving closer to me.

“ A kiss would be a nice way to start.” He replied, making my wolf purr with want.

“ Then, by all means, kiss me.” He didn't hesitate as his lips touched mine, and damn he was experienced. I wondered who I had to kill for kissing him before me, but for now, I was going to give him what he wanted. He was a moaning mess as we fought for dominance. He almost, and I mean, almost won, but midnight took over and showed him who the boss was.

After I got back control, I stopped kissing him and saw that he was blushing. I cleared my throat and sat up while running my hand through my hair, a nervous habit I had.

“ Um, are you hungry? I could get you something to eat.” I said after calming myself down. He shook his head and looked at me with lust in his eyes.

“ N-no not hungry, my brothers got me something to eat already.” There it goes again. They are always beating me to everything, maybe I need to let them spend an entire month on no man's land, so I can have some alone time with Arlo but I won't because that would be cruel, and my mate would practically reject me if I did, and I couldn't have that.

“ Ok, we should get some rest then, I'm suddenly feeling tired.” That was a lie, but I wasn't going to tell him that. I was finding it hard to control myself around him, but I had to because I wanted to do something special for him, so I had to wait and trust me, it was extremely hard, not the only thing that's hard right now.