CHAPTER XXI

[LOADING...]

[NOW ENTERING CHAPTER XXI]

[ENJOY YOUR STAY]

   He sighed deeply, shoving his clothes back in the suitcase. He didn't care they were sweaty n shit, mixing with the clean clothes. He would just get Ro to pay for a washer/dryer run or something.
   If he would even reply.
   He sighed hard and moved onto his makeup, being much more gentle with those. Part of xer was excited, to be back in Alejandro's presence and back with xeir stuffies. Xe left most of them behind when xe moved.

   He got up, carrying the two tiny ass suitcases. He then grabbed Caesar and Koba, cradling them softly. Then he walked out.
   Hunter blinked. "Where are you going?"
   "Home."
   "Why?"
   "Cause I wanna go home."
   "I thought you were living here now."
   "Temporarily i was."
   "Oh. Okay. Bye then."
   "Bye."

   He sighed softly and went out the door, into the elevator. He put the suitcases down and pressed the lobby button, shifting uncomfortably. They were awkwardly warm, wearing three different jackets and coats.
   The suitcases were small on their own, and they didn't feel like folding all the clothes neatly. So that ended up not fitting very well. So they were wearing a shirt, a crop top, two jackets, their winter coat, two pairs of leggings and a skirt. Which was highly uncomfortable. It was July, barely cold at all.

   He finally got to the bottom floor and hurried out, still carrying Caesar, Koba, and the two suitcases. A couple of the lobby workers gave him a weird look.
   He didn't fit in at all. This was a richy-rich part of town, and with his ratty ass clothes with several layers he stuck out like a sore thumb.

   She always hated sticking out. Which was funny, because that's all he ever did. All sticking out did was make him a target. A target for all the narcissistic fucks in the world that thought they were better because they were "normal."
   And he was anything but normal. He wasn't white, he wasn't cis, he wasn't straight, he wasn't average height, he had above average tits. They didn't even have normal chromosomes. Everything about them made them stick out.
   He managed to fit into the intersection of misogyny, misandry, transphobia, homophobia, racism and just general jealousy. And god it sucked. Every day he wished he could just be normal for once.

   He wanted Roshaun. He wanted him to hold him and give him that wonderful look that showed he was fully engaged in what he was saying. He was the only person in the world that didn't make her feel weird, he made her feel special. It was perfect.
   He whined softly and pulled out his phone, dialing Roshaun's number quickly. It was Friday, so he wouldn't be doing so much work.

   It rung a few times before he picked up. "Hello?"
   He nearly started crying. He was so damn excited to hear his voice. "Roshaun!"
   "Oh. Hi."
   "Hey... I missed you!"
   "Mhm."

   His face fell immediately. They really did lose him forever. Maybe he wasn't ghosting them, but he certainly wasn't excited to see them anymore.
   They felt like busting out crying in the middle of the street.

   "Are uh— are you okay?" He asked softly, leaning against a nearby wall.
   "I'm fine. Busy."
   "Oh- okay. I can call back later if you want..."
   "No it's fine. What do you need?"
   "Nothing. I jus' wanted to talk to you."
   "Oh... well, I need to do work."
   "Yeah... I'll- I'll call back later okay?"
   "I'll call you when i'm ready."
   "Oh! Okay!"

   He smiled softly and hung up. Maybe he wasn't angry at him. Maybe.
   He probably was.

   He huffed and stuffed his phone back in his pocket, continuing the walk home. Xe were still uncomfortably warm. And getting weird looks. It made xer increasingly nervous.
   "Fuck me," he whispered, pushing into the familiar apartment building. Nobody would give him weird looks in here. Here everyone was poor. And that meant a lot of them were queer.

   He went up the elevator, glad to finally be able to put the suitcases down. His arms were tired as hell. 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎.
   He finally got to his floor and went down the hall. They were getting a strange sense of nostalgia.
   They came in without knocking. Alejandro jumped. He was shirtless in the kitchen, making some food.

   "Oh. You're back!"
   "Yeah. What're you making?" They put their bags down and started removing all their layers.
   "Uh, burritos. Why are you wearing so many clothes- much clothes?"
   "No idea. But I'm wearing all this cause they wouldn't fit back in the bags."
   "They would if you would fucking fold them."
   "Shii, you right."