CHAPTER XIII

[LOADING...]

[NOW ENTERING CHAPTER XIII]

[WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MILD SEXUAL CONTENT AND MILD TRANSPHOBIA]

[CONTINUE?]

[ENJOY YOUR STAY]

"Roshaun did you seriously send me home with a fucking dildo?" xe asked loudly.
"Calm down love. It's a uh, custom mold."
"No way. Not only did you send me home with a dildo, you sent me a dildo made from a cast of your dick??"
"Yes. I did."
"Oh my god."

"I'd you don't like it just send it back. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything..."
"No! I like it! I just— didn't expect that."
"Oh. Good!"
"Yeah. It's a sweet idea. Thank you."
"Of course my love. How was the ride home?"

Xe flipped on xeir bed, chatting with him absently. It was the first time they had a conversation that wasn't just about sex or business. It was just talking to talk. To be with each other.
"So how does the whole like, intersex thing work? I did my own research but I wanna hear it from you."
"Well, I was born with a vagina and like, a really big clit that was basically a dick. Like i could pee out it n' shit. And so they sewed up my cooch and I was raised as a guy. But they forgot to make me take hormones or whatever so when I hit puberty my body went like, crazy. So they had to reverse the surgery and get rid of my dick so I wouldn't self harm and my body wouldn't rip open from the cooter."

"Wow." Mattia could just hear him blink through the phone. "So you went through a lot."
"Well, now I'm marked down as a trans woman. So no one really wants to hire me. And even when they find out that technically I'm not they still don't wanna pay for my healthcare n' shit. And plus not many older companies are fond of nonbinary people."
"That's fucking stupid. You can sue them y'know?"
"I don't have the money for that. Anyways that's not even the weirdest part— I know you don't know what it's like but gender dysphoria fucks with you man. Like bad. Sometimes I get upset my mouth isn't like, cream."
"... I don't think mouths are supposed to be cream."
"I know!!" He kept ranting, talking about all the "stupid" things that upset him. Roshaun listened politely, smiling hard the whole time.

✞  ✞  ✞

Days later Mattia pulled off the dildo, his legs shaking. "Jesus christ..." he mumbled. The dildo Roshaun sent him worked even better than expected.
   "You okay?" They were currently on a call with one of their other clients, some old guy with a successful business. He was actually one of Roshaun's investors.
   "Yep!" They grinned, silently curing themself for not being able to stop thinking about Roshaun. He was just so fucking perfect. "My legs are just tired."
   "Well. How much this time?"
   "$75?"
   "Perfect. I'll send it through right now."

   He smiled slightly, hanging up without saying goodbye. He sighed and settled back in bed, wiping his face hard. All his thoughts, Roshaun Roshaun Roshaun. All about that stupid motherfucker. He had to be careful to not moan his name in the middle of that. That would be embarrassing.
   She missed him. A lot. The smell of his cologne. His drab fashion sense. His gentle, comforting smile. The way he would pause in the middle of sex to ask if everything was okay. The way his hands were always so warm.
   "FUCK!" He shouted. "Being in love sucks..."

   He sighed, deciding to treat himself to something nice today. Perhaps a trip to the pool? Or...
   𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝. 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢.
   He sighed hard and put on a coat, cuddling into it sadly. All he wanted was to get his mind off of Roshaun, but it just kept wandering back. It was like life was working against them.

   "Alejandro! Can you drive me to the doctor's?"
   "Sure. I have to buy some thread so."
   "Sorry, I forgot about that."
   "Don't worry. Cmon, let's go."

   The two went out to the car, holding hands. Platonically, of course. They had always been close. They even had sex a couple times. Or more accurately, they watched each other masturbate. But they both knew damn well the other didn't have feelings. So no point in pursuing any kind of relationship other than close friends.
   Silently Mattia wondered how Roshaun would feel about that kind of friendship. Would he be too jealous? 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚖.
   "Alejandro... I think I fucked up..."
   "What do you mean?"
   "I think I fell in love with Roshaun."