Book of One-Shots

By Super_Human456

Just a book of one-shot stories here and there. More

Look Out for the Quiet One
Hot Coco
Crazy Valkyrie Day
Velveteen Rabbit
Trust in Me (Lemon)
I Love You, My Rose
Never Miss a Heart Beat
Beach Volleyball Champ
Good Night
Evil Love (Lemon)
Dance, Dance
Morning Sunshine
Family
I Need You
The Therapist (Lemon)
Morning Tea
Bandits
Not Sorry
The Bodyguard
Spa Day (Lemon)
Night in the Void
Rainy Day Dew
Darkest Day
Burning Sunny Fun
Loving Ruby (Lemon)
Gypsy Girl
Catch Up
Tai Him Up
Birds of a Feather
Welcome to the Pancake House (Lemon)
The Barista
The Hunt
Because She's a Nerd
You're a Soldier
King of Everything
Collaring the Wolf (Lemon Part 1)
Collaring the Leopard (Part 2 Lemon)
Collaring the Kitty (Lemon Part 3)
Collaring the Tiger (Lemon Part 4)
Collaring the Panther (Lemon Part 5)
It's Not Her Tempo
Lifelong Love
Bar Fight
Firebreather
Sleepy Snowflake (Lemon)
Hover Board Racer
Meditation Practice
Rosey
Emerald in the Rough
Making Babies (Lemon)
Pina Colada
She's Your Favorite Lil' Gangster
Double Trouble
Dark Magic
Dark Magic (Part 2 Lemon)
War and Death
Helping an Assassin
Playing Press
Hardcore Test Taker
More Collecting (Lemon)
Diamond Thieves of Heart
Working Days and Lemonade
Faunus Belle
Something New
Vibration Mode (Lemon)
Apathy Part 1 (Lemon)
Apathy Part 2 (Lemon)
Apathy Part 3 (Lemon)
Apathy Part 4 (Lemon)
Honey, I'm Home (Lemon)
Thought on Thought
An Explanation
Rainy Day Parade
Punk Rock
Power Couple
Crazy Lady
Mind Control Mountain (Lemon)
Surf's Up
I see You
Arm Wrestle
I'm Not Joking
Ms. Cutsey (Lemon)
Zero-G's
Creating Memories
Boku no Deku
Illusions
Hypnotic Relationship (Lemon)
Long Distance
Age of Love
An American Tail
I-Birthday
New Girl in Town (Lemon)
Green Thumb
Rookie Year
Your Boss is Hot
Rock Hard Will
Subliminal (Lemon)
Support Group
Saleswoman
One For All
Sea Tip
Anniversary (Lemon)
To America
Scientific Advancements
Fashion Business
Explosive
Wave Sensor (Lemon)
Music Club
Invisible Crush
Dragon Ball
Tutor
Honeymoon (Lemon)
Tour Bus
Yar Har
Masochistic Midnight (Lemon)
Circus Freak
Creation Myth
Underground Gang
First Time
Morning Kitten (Lemon)
Fairground Fun
Mountain of Trouble
Mismanagement
Taming the Dragon (Lemon)
Nine's Five
Explosive Competition
Science Geeks
Rookies 1 and 2
Beauty Guru (Lemon)
Burnin
Aged Up
Maximum Intelligence
The New Teacher
Cow Lady (Lemon)
School Dance
X Marks the Spot
Workout Buddies
A Friendly Game
Cumming Home (Lemon)
Plant Girl
Ghost Girl
Riding Places
Ice, Fire, Baby
Cave Story (Lemon)
Broadway Visit
Echo Location
Science Lovers
Proposal
Just in Me (Lemon)

Childcare

1.7K 37 8
By Super_Human456

Ever since you got that email from your hero buddy, things had been a little crazy. Your friend's name was Shota Aizawa, and he was calling in a big-time favor. You looked at him in total shock and confusion as you set your team cup down onto the ground. You placed your elbows on the table as you looked back over to Aizawa. You took a few deep breaths as you tried to fathom what it was exactly that he just asked you to do.

(Y/N): So...let me get this straight. You found a child. A child who controls time. In a raid. Against what can only be described as the second devil.

Aizawa: That is correct, yes. I am happy to know that your ability to listen has not yet faltered.

(Y/N): Shota. Now is not the time for your sick sense of humor. You're asking me to take care of a child since I also have a time-based quirk. Do you have any idea how idiotic that is?

Aizawa: It will just be for a short while. Just enough time to make sure we can get an extra room in at the teacher's dorms at UA.

(Y/N): That could take weeks.

Aizawa: Should only be a few days. Heights Alliance was constructed in the span of 10 days. We can manage an additional room.

You looked at him somewhat annoyed. You pinched the bridge of your nose before covering your entire face with your hands. You took in another deep breath as you felt Aizawa place his hand on your shoulder. He got you to open your eyes again and you sighed out.

(Y/N): Fine. Ok, ok. I'll do it. No more than 10 days though. You make me do any more and I'll sue.

Aizawa: Knowing you, you most likely would.

(Y/N): Damn right I will.

Aizawa stood up and offered a hand for you to shake. You stood up and shook it with him.

Aizawa: I'll bring Eri over tomorrow. Give you some time to get ready. Thank you again for this.

You gave him a nod as he walked out. Once the door was closed, you turned back to look at your small apartment. You sighed and looked around some more. The clutter was very obvious, to say the least. You cracked your neck, grabbed some gloves and trash bags, and got ready.

(Y/N): Gotta get started somewhere.

With that, you started doing some cleanup. It wasn't a lot since you were already a typical clean person. But anything you could do to make sure this kid lived a better life. You then moved your efforts to the spare bedroom and began to clean it up a little. There wasn't much else you could change around as you didn't know the girl's personality. So, you just rolled with what you usually would do. Tidy it up and get ready for a visitor. By the end of it all, you crashed down on your couch due to the time it took to clean everything.

The following morning, low and behold that Aizawa was on his usual bright and early scheduling. About 10 in the morning, you got another knock on your door. You quickly left your kitchen and opened the door to see Aizawa standing before you. You nodded at him and glanced down and saw a little girl holding his hand.

(Y/N): This Eri?

Aizawa: Yeah. I take it you got everything ready.

(Y/N): Yep. Her room is ready.

Aizawa nodded as he leads Eri inside. He knelt down before her and nodded.

Aizawa: Mr. (L/N) will do everything he can to help you. Don't worry about anything. Be strong.

Eri: Will you come back?

Aizawa: Yes. In a few days. Just to make sure you have a permanent place to live.

Eri: Ok.

Aizawa nodded at you as he walked off for the day. He smiled back at Eri as he closed the door. Once it was closed, you looked down at the girl and offered up a smile for her as well. You knelt down before her and looked at her horn on her head. You looked back to her and smiled softly.

(Y/N): Want some breakfast?

Eri: No thank you.

(Y/N): Ok. You want to see your room?

Eri: Ok.

You stood up and reached your hand down to offer it to her. She took it and together you walked into her bedroom to look it over. Once you guys walked into the room, Eri looked everything over. She saw a small bookshelf and walked over to it and saw a few children's books. She grabbed one and opened it. She looked at it, almost confused.

(Y/N): Everything ok?

Eri: Yeah.

(Y/N): Do...do you want me to read that for you?

Eri: Could you?

(Y/N): Of course. Come on.

Eri walked over to you and handed the book to you. You smiled at her and walked over to a chair in the corner of the room. Eri climbed up on the bed and looked back at you. You gave her a smile and opened the book. The next thing you knew, you were reading to this little girl you just met a few minutes ago for hours. You read classic children's books to her, answered her questions as much as you could, and did everything in your power to make sure she had the most comfortable time here.

As you were nearing the end of book number 55, you heard a stomach growl and looked over to Eri. She looked up at you and you chuckled slightly and closed the book.

(Y/N): Come on. We can finish the book after dinner.

Eri: Ok.

(Y/N): What do you like to eat?

Eri: I don't really have a favorite food.

(Y/N): Well, ok then. I'll go ahead and make some chicken for you. You can try it out and we'll go from there.

Eri: Ok.

You smile as you lead Eri back into the kitchen. As you were grilling the bird, you instructed Eri on how to properly set the table. You weren't sure why, but for some reason, you just wanted to protect the small girl. It was odd to you, but at the same time, it was honestly kinda lovely feeling. Hell, you always wanted to be a dad. Just were never good with women unlike Aizawa or some of your other friends. But, here you were, taking care of a small child and doing what you could to make her feel better.

So, you got the chicken made and dished it out to her and yourself along with some other greens. Eri looked at them and slowly took a bite. She chewed it slowly before she began to cough it up. You quickly got out of your seat and ran up beside her. You placed your hand on her back and patted it slightly. You then saw Eri's little bump glow and grow slightly, no bigger than a centimeter.

You looked at her neck and saw the asparagus stem disappear from her throat with a slight purple glow. She looked at you with some tears in her eyes and fear on her face.

(Y/N): Now I see why Mr. Aizawa sent you to me. Your quirk, it's based around time. Either distortion or a rewind function.

Eri looked at you with total horror. You could notice that she shifted in her seat away from you. You stood up and walked back over to your seat.

(Y/N): If you need me to cut your food into smaller bites, just let me know and I'll show you.

You continued to eat a little as Eri looked back at you. She was a little worried, to say the least. Aizawa didn't tell you much, but knowing she was from the mob world, you knew abuse had to be somewhere deep down in there. After some time, she finally began to eat again. You were finished first but wait for her to finish as well. She did so, slowly, but she eventually finished the food you cooked. You then walked over and cleaned her plate for her.

Eri: Mr. (L/N)?

(Y/N): Yeah.

Eri: Are you going to get rid of my quirk?

(Y/N): ...No. I'm not. But I can help you control it.

Eri: How?

You walked over to her and raised your hand and moved it to aim towards her plate. You then moved your hand counterclockwise and suddenly, the food slowly began to reform. You moved it clockwise again and it was all gone. Eri looked on in amazement as you finished using your quirk. You looked back down at her and smiled.

(Y/N): Time is a very powerful tool. How you use it and how you learn it all depends. So, are you ready?

Eri nodded but took a step back.

(Y/N): Eri?

Eri: Could...could you read to me though?

You smiled at her and knelt down before her.

(Y/N): I'll read to you. And I'll teach you to read.

She looked back up at you as you offered your hand to her. She took it and you walked back to her room to read some more. Maybe this childcare program wouldn't be so bad after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 313 11
I like Rwby even though I hardly watched it. So I'm doing a story on it. Well multiple ones.
38.1K 222 18
Title says it all folks ready for round 2
21.3K 321 18
Sequel to "Speed of a Beast"